My guide to keeping flights on stems.
I was chatting with a guy the other day (bearing in mind I play soft tip in Korea, and there is almost a darts chic attitude amongst the players, they have to have the best looking gear, irrepective of cost) and he swears by buying cheap deflectagrips, with 100 micron flights, and simply using glue to keep from flights popping out. I've never done this personally, but it struck me as a decent idea. Anyone here do the same?
Also, many apologies to the OP, meant to say, great job, really good post.
Brilliant guide, going to try the titanium rings as my aluminiums are breaking way too quickly thanks for post
Started Throwing - December 2014
Top Score - 140
Darts - 25G RVB Phase 3 Unicorn
Highest Checkout - 86

[Image: lduapo48e5d.png]

(01-16-2015, 01:30 AM)JordanUK Wrote: Brilliant guide, going to try the titanium rings as my aluminiums are breaking way too quickly thanks for post

I got some beefy alu rings on ebay... 12 rings for $5 shipped. Been working great the last few weeks. A few skuffs but zero bends. Let me know if you want the link.
[Image: GetSignature.ashx?id=359]
(01-16-2015, 12:49 PM)OreoGaborio Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 01:30 AM)JordanUK Wrote: Brilliant guide, going to try the titanium rings as my aluminiums are breaking way too quickly thanks for post

I got some beefy alu rings on ebay... 12 rings for $5 shipped. Been working great the last few weeks. A few skuffs but zero bends. Let me know if you want the link.

Please do share the link Smile
Started playing: Q4 2014
Numbers of 180: 0
Darts: McCoy 90% Sabergrip (24g)
(01-16-2015, 01:06 PM)Cheese_king Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 12:49 PM)OreoGaborio Wrote:

Please do share the link Smile
Here ya go! Sorry for the delay. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1440023056

They've got another auction for 2 sets for 2.99 shipped
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1329426184

If that doesn't work, search for seller "bjph321".

These things have held up GREAT but they're NOT designed to be used as slot lock rings. I use them on my Target stems.
Pic installed: https://www.flickr.com/photos/114702564@...0/sizes/l/
[Image: GetSignature.ashx?id=359]
I'm a beginner to darts after taking it up again after briefly playing it some years back, and although I've only been playing a week I've had good success with the Target Pro Grip Vision stems in this respect. I've only had flights pop off a couple of times. Admittedly my grouping is less than spectacular but they do seem to fit tight compared to normal nylon stems/ring combinations I've had in the past.
(01-20-2015, 01:07 AM)Marvelous Marv Wrote: I'm a beginner to darts after taking it up again after briefly playing it some years back, and although I've only been playing a week I've had good success with the Target Pro Grip Vision stems in this respect. I've only had flights pop off a couple of times. Admittedly my grouping is less than spectacular but they do seem to fit tight compared to normal nylon stems/ring combinations I've had in the past.

Agreed I've been playing for around a year now on and off and have just changed with pro Vision stems and also punched flights with pigeon rings. Flights fit perfect now no more picking flights up off the floor. Especially when you have a dog who has the taste for them Tongue
lol Dog Flights!
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-20-2015, 05:00 PM)Getagrip Wrote: lol Dog Flights!

Haha might have to try and attach her to the stem. She might fly better that amount she goes through haha. :s

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for Beginner's: Quick Reference Guide nixer55 5 2,386 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Information Darts For Beginner's Quick Reference Guide Ni518079 36 14,370 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: LUIS JAVIER
  Guide for 501 Sinister Lefty 5 911 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: belfastkev
  Another Beginner, Another Blog. Keeping track of progress. Codes 18 2,417 12-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Codes
Heart Mixing and Matching Stems and Flights Jay Murtagh 8 2,911 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay Murtagh