Tungsten Putty tutorial for adding weight to soft/steel tip darts
thanks for the great post! I wanted to change the balance of my darts for a while now...
I’m still new to this site so I can’t see the images, but what I read is great, can’t wait to comeback to this thread and check out the pictures that go along with the written text.
I just wish I could see the images.
I will just have to read more and post a few more comments and I will be an accepted member and a true dart nut. Pretty sure I’m destined to be a dart nut. I couldn’t see the pictures of the scale you are using but I have seen the reviews of some darts by Getagrip, matter of fact that was how I found this site, (the reviews of dart boards, and darts are excellent), in the dart reviews I saw the scale being used looked like the Pesola that I have.
I can relate to the OCD comment, first thing I did when I bought my first set of darts was measured each to determine if they were close in weight.
The idea of using tungsten putty to trim the weight of the darts is a great idea regarding the matching of dart weights. I was considering removing some material from the back using a drill press but using the putty to trim is easier and reversible.
Thanks for the information
A+
Great post, i didn't know that this stuff was available but have now purchased some and got my darts all the same weight now, brilliant idea.

Does anyone know if the putty is heavier than tungsten if it was the same size?
(04-11-2019, 07:56 PM)Thewho Wrote: Great post, i didn't know that this stuff was available but have now purchased some and got my darts all the same weight now, brilliant idea.

Does anyone know if the putty is heavier than tungsten if it was the same size?

Tungsten Putty is more similar to lead in density.
Tungsten is ~40% more dense than lead.
Thanks for the putty to tungsten weight ratio, i was hoping to make a set of slim 20 gram darts into 22 gram by drilling them out and using the putty, but this wont work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding a Score Overlay to you Home-/Pubgame Recording or Broadcast Shotgun 23 3,956 2 hours ago
Last Post: nixer55
  Made Monster Anastasia darts 3g heavier with tungsten putty and tungsten inserts Getagrip 12 2,271 02-06-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: gheagz
  Why adding T17 and T18 to your locker is a great idea Banz 1 835 01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Tgstan
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,571 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori