Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review
I bought a Shot Bandit,not the Plus, and after using it for 10 days found I liked it enough to possibly buy the Bandit Plus for my own use at home.
My Blade4 is showing lots of abuse in the Bulls ring and so I might spring for the new board after your review.
Just shows that your reviews are timeless, Darren. Thanks for the wonderful photos and top notch review
Cheers Tom! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I just replaced my year old Blade 4 with the Bandit Plus.

Here are some more pics for anybody considering this particular dart board.

So far, I like it.

[Image: BanditPlus%20003_zpsesjvzo4h.jpg]

[Image: BanditPlus%20032_zps1aimthj1.jpg]

[Image: BanditPlus%20035_zpsffvrrbtt.jpg]

[Image: BanditPlus%20045_zpso5g6ozjs.jpg]
Started Playing - 10/18/2014

Darts Using at The Moment - Unicorn Golden Phase 2 Purists 

Dartboard - Shot! Bandit Plus & Winmau Extreme Dart Board Surround

180's - 3

Highest Checkout - Whole Foods Checkout Line
Looking good Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Few thing beat the look and smell of a new board, enjoy and thanks for taking the time to post pictures
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Very nice. I agree Chris - the look and smell of a new board just out of the box!!
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

The smell of carcinogens? ...that's what all new boards smell like to me.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
Haha!! I'm glad my sense of smell differs from yours Milky lol
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Sad 
(12-17-2015, 10:55 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Looking good Smile

Thanks.

But I did run into my first issue last night. The point of one of my Barney Phase 4's broke off into this board.

It's probably a rare thing to happen but I'm not really sure the "thinness" of this board, which you pay extra for, is a positive.

Those were one of my two favorite sets of darts.

Now I'm off to order another set of Barney Phase 4's or Barney Phase 2A's to replace them, which makes this a $125.00 board.

If I had to do it again, I would go with The Bandit over The Bandit Plus.

180's - 3

Not sure if it would be the thinness causing the point to break, that's a bit unlucky though.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Bad luck with the Barney's. I had a bandit and thought it was pretty good but I only used it for 2 weeks
(12-28-2015, 03:42 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Not sure if it would be the thinness causing the point to break, that's a bit unlucky though.

Not sure either. I did find an older thread where the same thing happened to another person's set of Barney Phase 4's.

So it could be the points.

But my darts do seem to go through the board and hit the back sometimes.

The good news is that A-Z Darts just added a Shot! repointing tool to their website...the the darts are fixable.

In fact, I'll probably add some Storm points to them once I get the repointing tool.

The Bandit Plus is a good looking board. I love the razor thin wire...it's almost impossible to have a bounce out on it.

But just noting that it's not a prefect board.

If you do hit a soft spot with a heavier dart(24-26 gram), it does appear the dart can go through and hit the back of the board.

The Shot! repointing tool looks almost identical to the A180, which is hard to get in the U.S.

So I'm guessing it's pretty decent.

180's - 3

Just one thing i can't get my mind about, with the ADV III and the bandit plus, why can they not join the ends of the spider plate in a more decent way?
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
In the 18 months since this review, we have had reports of WAVEY wires, excessive fallouts/bounce outs, and broken dart points.
The board is beautiful, but those concerns are too much for me to overcome.
Well i think that mabey a Bandit Plus 2 could be a great board if they fix these problems.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 125 46,614 12-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 36,049 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 27,466 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Bandit Duro The Slayer 8 817 07-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 118,354 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,172 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 23,043 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 151,242 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,749 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 67,319 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean