Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCY9LpJygU

I got this board recently courtesy of Dartswarehouse.com you click here for the link to their page: Bandit Plus The board retails for around £55 or $109 NZ dollar (although the price on the site is higher in sterling but lower in NZ dollar?).

The features of this board are:

Razor bladed white wiring system for high visibility with no wire or staples to prevent bounce outs for maximum scoring

Bladed outer and micro inner bulls eyes for higher scoring and to eliminate bounce outs

Depth of quality eco inks for a deep durable high visibility low glare colour-fast surface

Unique wall bracket included for ease of installing and rotation without removing dartboard.

Made in New Zealand from premium quality conditioned African sisal for its resilience and visibility.

The new composite edging, made from a percentage of recycled plastic and is recyclable and provides for a clean modern look and allows for easier number ring rotation.

Box and contents:

Supplied with fixing bracket and screws and instruction leaflet.

[Image: 1banditplusbox1_zpsc30f53c4.jpg]

[Image: 2banditplusbox2_zpsf9398bf7.jpg]

[Image: 3banditpluscontents1_zpsb758c9f1.jpg]

[Image: 4banditpluscontents2_zps750ae25b.jpg]

[Image: 5banditpluscontents3_zps3be11e41.jpg]

Straight out the box:

[Image: 6banditplusfullboard_zps8593294b.jpg]

Back of the board and its main feature with built in hanging bracket:

[Image: 7banditplusback1_zps0e544bce.jpg]

[Image: 8banditplusback2_zps11f73843.jpg]

[Image: 9banditplusback3_zpsce67cb79.jpg]

Board logos:

[Image: 10banditpluslogo1_zpsf074aace.jpg]

[Image: 11banditpluslogo2_zps0772f722.jpg]

[Image: 12banditpluslogo3_zps6dffbc56.jpg]

[Image: 13banditpluslogo4_zpsed03226c.jpg]

Very neat number ring clip brackets built into outer sheath:

[Image: 14banditplusnumberclip1_zps91a5d080.jpg]

[Image: 15banditplusnumberclip2_zps5b1b58ea.jpg]

Some random board pics:

[Image: 16banditpluspic1_zps047e308f.jpg]

[Image: 17banditpluspic2_zpscd7b7ad3.jpg]

[Image: 18banditpluspic3_zps8649716e.jpg]

[Image: 19banditpluspic4_zpscc5e4186.jpg]

[Image: 20banditpluspic5_zps5b43d428.jpg]

Board seems a little thinner than others:

[Image: 21banditplusside_zps5faa7261.jpg]

Bull area pics:

[Image: 22banditpluslogobull1_zps04b06fc2.jpg]

[Image: 23banditpluslogobull2_zps1f55482e.jpg]

Double segment:

[Image: 24banditplusdouble_zps60d11f9f.jpg]

Treble segment:

[Image: 25banditplustreble_zps1182cfff.jpg]

Spider joint pics:

Spider has a kind of overlapped notched join like on my old Bulls Advantage 2, the Bulls Adv 2 was raised higher though, this is neater:

[Image: 26banditplusspiderjoin1_zps812e910d.jpg]

[Image: 27banditplusspiderjoin2_zpse70f81eb.jpg]

[Image: 28banditplusspiderjoin3_zpsd74e4d29.jpg]

Measurements:

Bull area:

[Image: 29banditplusbullsize1_zpsd52b6b13.jpg]

[Image: 30banditplusbullsize2_zpse5a1bab8.jpg]

Doubles:

[Image: 31banditplusdoublesize_zpsd87a13ec.jpg]

Trebles:

[Image: 32banditplustreblesize_zps9f673b54.jpg]

Segment widths:

[Image: 33banditplussegmentwidth1_zpsec3ab98c.jpg]

[Image: 34banditplussegmentwidth2_zps9afa9f3a.jpg]

Bracket fixed up:

[Image: 35banditplusbracket_zps14d1e0ac.jpg]

Board hung up:

[Image: 36banditplusonwall_zps8c50e4d5.jpg]

Couple of areas had some excess glue that had seeped through along the spider wires, I presume its when the spider has been pushed in, was easily removed though:

[Image: 37banditplusglue1_zpsee5020f8.jpg]

[Image: 38banditplusglue2_zps094db4e1.jpg]

Conclusion:

This board had one feature that I was intrigued to find out if it worked and that is the plastic composite backing which is supposed to deaden the sound of the board. I am pleased to say that it does seem to do that or at least is part of the reason as I think the very compact sisal also adds benefit to that affect. The board has a lovely subdued almost muted thud when the darts hit it which is very nice and I like Smile

As you can see from the pics the board has quite a vibrant look and I think the black in particular is very deep although I did spot a couple of areas that were a little bit patchy but over all the ink covering was mostly very even and deep.

The sisal is quite firm but I don't think its as hard as it was on my Bulls Advantage 2 which took a long time for me to bed in but it did last a long time too. From the outset this board is not as hard when throwing the darts but I did have a couple of drop outs but I am not sure if that was just because it is still quite new, I should imagine it will break in well in a couple of weeks use. I threw some 16g soft tips and they stuck in fairly well so it is firm but not overly hard.

One nice thing with the compact sisal is it seemed to heal up quickly and the holes were barely noticeable, just like small pin pricks.

Now onto the spider! I was never keen on the spider of the Bulls Adv 2 but the spider on the Shot Bandit Plus is so much better and neater. The wiring is very thin and it is closely fitted to the surface as opposed to been raised up. I think its much better when its as flush as possible like this is. One thing that is the same on this as the Bulls Adv 2 is the place where the spider joins together. For me that was a mini disaster area on the Adv 2 as it broke away after been hit with the darts, I should hope that this spider on the Bandit plus will fare better as it is embedded deeper into the sisal so should have less potential for the darts to cause damage to it.

The composite backing on this board is quite a neat idea and it also means the board is lighter but I did worry the disadvantage could have been because the board is thinner people who throw heavy darts or darts with long points may possibly penetrate to the backboard easier. I am not sure if that will happen, I am not a hard thrower and I don't like darts with long points so I am pretty sure it wont happen to me personally, also I deliberately hit the dart while holding it into the board as hard as I could and the compactness of the sisal meant I only got so far, but as the sisal get looser it could still be a potential issue, I will report back when I have used the board longer if it happens.

Having the board holder built into the backboard means there is less fixing of screws and gives the board a quick and easy hanging solution. I have always been a fan of these brackets too so its a good feature to have.

The Bull area seems very neat and is nice and central and flush to the board.

Having the built in brackets for the number ring is also a very neat finish and just gives the board a nice neat look overall.

One thing I noticed when I got the board was in a few areas some excess glue had been squeezed out along the spider wires and the bull ring. It was no big deal and was easily cleaned off, I presume its from when the spider was pushed into the board but I guess its also reassuring to know that it has plenty of glue holding it in place Smile

Overall I think this board has some really neat features and feels very nice quality, it is probably the quietest board I have played on so far too. My only main concern is the price, its not a cheap board but I do feel that it has the potential to be long lasting and therefore the price may be worth it. If it lasts as long as my Bulls Advantage 2 did then it will be. I will report back with updates as and when but for now I am very pleased with it Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Stunning review mate [Image: double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif]
may all the doubles be with you

Thanks Fred! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Smile I have just followed your link though to find that the board is priced at £77.81 plus TAX £11.67 grand total £89.48. WOW!!!

Just seen it elsewhere though for £45 Smile
[Image: Kk0Gxdv.png]
Darts - 21g DF01 Daytona Fires with Carbon TI Short Shafts.
Highest Checkout: Trebles Board 157, Doubles Board 100

[Image: 2nd_zps5b9ddbd4.png]
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png][Image: WCWx1_zps1d135da1.png]

Awesome review, as always. And I like the "3's" in the number ring. None of the other makers seem to know how to bend wire into a proper "3."
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(09-05-2014, 02:07 PM)Hoppy Wrote: Great review Smile I have just followed your link though to find that the board is priced at £77.81 plus TAX £11.67 grand total £89.48. WOW!!!

Just seen it elsewhere though for £45 Smile

Cheers! Wink

(09-05-2014, 02:10 PM)brenthahn Wrote: Awesome review, as always. And I like the "3's" in the number ring. None of the other makers seem to know how to bend wire into a proper "3."

Thanks Brent, good spot never thought about that one Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review wish I was in need for a new board. I also like the mounting bracket and have the same on my blade4. Now that I think twice, excellent photos as well
Thanks Tom! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review. I like the number ring holder, I think this is the best option out there. Not sure I like the composite backing. I like the option that the B4 dual core has with the adjustable feet. Makes it easier to level the board and keep it from rattling around. Doesn't look possible with the composite backing.
Excellent Darren looks like a very nice board indeed.
(09-05-2014, 06:16 PM)uncle poop Wrote: Great review. I like the number ring holder, I think this is the best option out there. Not sure I like the composite backing. I like the option that the B4 dual core has with the adjustable feet. Makes it easier to level the board and keep it from rattling around. Doesn't look possible with the composite backing.

The Rota Lock is a feature I like, the composite backing on this is nice too, maybe shot and winmau should get together to incorporate each others tech?

(09-05-2014, 06:19 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Excellent Darren looks like a very nice board indeed.

So far it seems like a nice board, will have to see how it performs in the coming weeks Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Awesome review. Great looking board and I'm sure will be awesome as all the Puma/Shot boards are Smile
[Image: DPwTt6q.png]
Cheers Shane! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How does the nice colours hold for say, after 6 months?
Excellent review. I love the quality of the pics. Great job Getagrip!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 125 46,517 12-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,993 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 27,341 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Bandit Duro The Slayer 8 800 07-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 118,308 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,158 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,914 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 151,153 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,720 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 67,275 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean