Leighton Rees
Hi Mike

Great story.

Would love to know some details. What was his playing like and was he as prolific a drinker as is legend?
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

[quote pid='458066' dateline='1517142095']
Hi Mike

Great story.

Would love to know some details. What was his playing like and was he as prolific a drinker as is legend?
[/quote]

Lets just say he like the odd drink , (in-between his beers)  , as for his darts he had the smoothest throw that I have ever seen and when he was in the flow he was almost unstoppable.. he played the Welch  international Ceri Morgan in the final of the green shield stamps chomp , two more different styles you will never see never see 
Was his last tournament the 94 Welsh open (won by Richie Burnett) where he as was Quarter finalist as there's nothing listed post 91 to that or after?

First world champion. No one can ever take that away from him.

Also love the fact that apparently when red dragon cloned his darts it was from his actual match set and they all weighed different, 27, 29 and 31g
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(01-28-2018, 02:44 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
 Don't know about the odd weight in darts but I played him IIRC the late 70's & he gave me a set of his darts as i was the player he beat by the least amount I know they weighed a ton  & I could never use them I saw him some months later at an Exbo & he asked if I still had the darts, as the venue was near to my home I went & got them, at the end of the evening I gave them to him He had a couple of "chucks" asked what I was drinking & went to to the bar came back with my drink & handed it to me along with a £5 note. I saw him several times at Exbo's after that  & as soon as he spotted me a drink appeared at my side & he always remembered what I drank  a Top "bloke Through & Though & pleased to have known him in a small way
(01-29-2018, 11:07 AM)Little al Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterAyup little al

Great story thanks for sharing, I met him in 78 not long after he had won WC.
Great darts player and a gentleman.

Shed
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
Top player
(01-28-2018, 02:44 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Not sure what Leightons last tournament was but he played in the welsh open in 97 the yr Marshall James won it
I am pretty sure that Leighton Rees and Alan Evans shared their prize money throughout their career

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse