Blacking out the number ring
Found out about blacking out the number ring on this site and I thought it sounded like a good idea. I didn't use a marker. Instead I masked the numbers and sprayed the ring with black spray paint, just leaving the numbers white. Did it this evening while enjoying a couple KY Bourbons on the rocks and it looks awesome. Thanks to the board for turning me onto this tweak. If you haven't done it I strongly recommend that you do. An easy customization that makes your board better than your buddy's and it makes the numbers stand out. Thanks again for the idea.
Happen to have a pic? Would love to see it Big Grin
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Yea I highly recommend it.
I also found that when blacking out the actual writing on the board or if in need to re blacken the faded black wedges the best paint to use is CHALKBOARD spray paint! this paint seems to not soak into the fibers and it only takes a very quick spray to completely blacken the blacks. Normal black spray paint soaks into the board and you need a few coats to completely darken the writing.
BUT THE CHALKBOARD PAINT IN THE SPRAY CANS IS LIKE MAGIC
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

You got a pic too G?
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Heres mine, not the best pic just the quickest I could find, also the number ring needs redoing, been a couple of years lol

That looks awesome. But on the other hand I like my little alien heads Tongue
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
@Saw: And heres me thinking that was the WDA mirror lol

Was hard to find a pic of the whole board but heres a better one, also hit 3 bulls in that set from memory lol

I like the clean look of that board and the blacked out ring sets it off. Very nice.
Hey Dirty G, why is your board screwed to a toilet seat? LOL.
Only joking just never seen a board mounted that way.
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I took a black marker to my old boards. It's easier on the eyes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Number ring painting codo180 7 732 12-03-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: holmesness
  Quad ring Diameter Askew180 18 2,149 09-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  I finally painted my number ring Ni518079 9 2,177 10-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts