What I've learned about selecting darts
Great Post!!! Thx
Its interesting and all we learn of the experience of dart players
Yup! Learn more every day when we know the difference between practice and learning.
This was a great post, thank you!
(02-23-2018, 01:46 PM)VW_STYLE Wrote: Its interesting and all we learn of the experience of dart players

(02-28-2018, 01:19 PM)Geo Silberzahn Wrote: Yup! Learn more every day when we know the difference between practice and learning.
Dodgy Huh Angel Tongue I'm speaking in Icon now
Do you think there is a differentiation to be made between a comfortable feeling dart and a dart that feels a little less comfortable in the hand, but ends up somehow being more accurate?.....
(03-19-2018, 03:04 PM)GONKO Wrote: Do you think there is a differentiation to be made between a comfortable feeling dart and a dart that feels a little less comfortable in the hand, but ends up somehow being more accurate?.....
To me, I make a personal value judgement about whether darts are comfortable. Their girth, length, texturing, some just feel better to me. As to accuracy, it isn't really a quality of the darts, but in how I throw them. Some darts might cover over some of my flaws better, but in the end, I believe I could become equally proficient with any set of darts.
I value the feel of the dart over how I perform with it. If I'm going to have to practice with it daily for months and years, I want something that feels comfortable to make sure a bad feeling dart doesn't distract me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
(07-15-2014, 12:34 PM)Nucky Wrote: Excellent post!!

I would also add in that what you see online isn't always what you get. I've ordered barrels that looked different from the photos and also didn't feel anywhere close to what I thought the grip would be. That being said, we are very fortunate that almost every dart online has its dimensions listed and usually more than one photo. My tip would be to get as much information as you can before ordering a set of darts.
Signed: online picture:

https://www.puredarts.co.uk/_images/_images/xl/899.jpg

My pictures:
http://imgur.com/gallery/fX9l1O5

Gesendet von meinem moto x4 mit Tapatalk
I’ve ordered three different sets in different weights with different styles of barrels. All fairly cheap so I can work out what I like best and take it from there.
(02-04-2019, 02:14 PM)jamesr180 Wrote: I’ve ordered three different sets in different weights with different styles of barrels.  All fairly cheap so I can work out what I like best and take it from there.
Big Grin Sounds like a good way to go. Tongue