Show us your Bristow darts
(07-25-2018, 03:38 PM)Roet180 Wrote: Hi there, is there any company that will bring the Bristow dart back? I sended e mail to harrows company but they gave no reply but i know the contract ended. Currently im throwing with the knurled ones.. i now there are a lot of alternatives, o shea, cross, chizzy... but with the bristow engraving its much more speacial and also e reminder to the darts legend. Greetz

The contract wasn't renewed around the middle of last year but Harrows were allowed to still sell EB darts up until the end of 2017 and that's it.  Unless the trustees/beneficiaries of Bristows Will (always assuming he made one) agree to them restarting production then I think that would be it. 

As Chris says you may be able to find someone to clone you a set dimensions wise, but I don't think any reputable custom darts maker or engraver would actually engrave his name on them for you.
(07-25-2018, 03:38 PM)Roet180 Wrote: Hi there, is there any company that will bring the Bristow dart back? I sended e mail to harrows company but they gave no reply but i know the contract ended. Currently im throwing with the knurled ones.. i now there are a lot of alternatives, o shea, cross, chizzy... but with the bristow engraving its much more speacial and also e reminder to the darts legend. Greetz

The knurled and regular Bristow's are still available from a few places including here :

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=3053
Won’t be the same without Bristow’s Darts available . Truly an iconic barrel design that has stood the test of time and has been mimicked countless times .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 
[Image: cMGbSHl.jpg]Sorry if i have posted already
rod dog Angel
Is the black version a marketing exercise or did Eric Bristow actually use the black version?
Thx for al the replies. I got 3 natural,2 knurled and 1 black Bristow set but my match darts are the knurled ones. The biggest most beautyfull memory are with the original ones.. threw my first 180 with them? will never forget that??.
(07-26-2018, 12:36 AM)geoffox23 Wrote: Is the black version a marketing exercise or did Eric Bristow actually use the black version?

Don't know if he used the black, and not sure about the gold either - same as loads of other players though - for example I can't recall MVG ever using any of his gold or black coloured darts.  I would say it's a pure marketing exercise to cater for the collectors who buy all of a particular players darts, irrespective of whether they used them or not.
I confess.....
Under the scary possibility of not being able to acquire a set of the Knurl grip Brissy’s I broke down and ordered a set .
Now I own said Darts that were my match Darts back in the early 1990’s ,but they are worn out .
 I said to myself .... “Self if you can still throw these old suckers you owe it to yourself to buy a replacement set”
So I grabbed the archaic knurled Bristows.set them up and threw a 140 with my first toss at the board .
Nuff said .... ordered . Big Grin
Dam .... I even enable myself  Blush

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

Cheers,
 Ken 
[Image: plks4jk.jpg]
(07-26-2018, 05:24 AM)The G Wrote: I confess.....
Under the scary possibility of not being able to acquire a set of the Knurl grip Brissy’s I broke down and ordered a set .
Now I own said Darts that were my match Darts back in the early 1990’s ,but they are worn out .
 I said to myself .... “Self if you can still throw these old suckers you owe it to yourself to buy a replacement set”
So I grabbed the archaic knurled Bristows.set them up and threw a 140 with my first toss at the board .

You would have justified if you threw 26. Smile

You really should think about a backup set too...
(07-26-2018, 10:21 AM)Humdinger Wrote:

You would have justified if you threw 26. Smile

You really should think about a backup set too...

There are enough enablers on this forum without you starting .... Big Grin Dodgy

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

Cheers,
 Ken 

Big Grin good luck with them, you can not go wrong with Bristows Tongue
my black ones have just over a 0.35g weight difference between the barrels, so maybe they are just a collector thing
rod dog Angel
Managed to grab a brand new set of the knurled version in 22g. Thought I'd missed the boat.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Darts Nutz Comparison Thread - show us your darts elevendarter 99 22,894 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Batti
  Show us your 'home customized' darts! TJ Jones 5 644 01-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Patrick.B
  Show us how you store all your darts John_B 54 6,814 01-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Show us your match darts G00dband 118 38,129 08-26-2019, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Show us your battle scarred darts Angel of darts 7 573 02-28-2019, 03:59 AM
Last Post: ROKGoose
  Show Us Your MONSTER darts! Mr.K 196 58,687 02-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: BDG
Star Show us your darts trophies or medals Getagrip 78 19,855 01-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Show us your smooth darts 4737 Carlin 19 4,743 12-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Dartsclearance - Green Bristow Style Darts - 25g vanJupp 4 664 11-28-2018, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Great White North
Star Show us your Unicorn Hero darts..! Tim1984 20 7,059 09-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Last Post: elevendarter