Jack Hood
This pic I've just added is my Nan Sally Hood with her dad Jack. She told me stories about when Jack would do 'demonstrations' by getting nan to stand in front of the board while he through darts around her head. Classic. This pic must be from around the mid 1930's
Great picture - who is the lady? Is that your nan (just seen you mention her in another thread)?
posted at the same time lol
(06-16-2016, 08:54 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes sorry - messed up the posting a bit - but yes thats Sally Hood who unfortunately just died last week at the age of 100!
That's a brilliant picture. People who stand in front of the boards like that while a player throws darts around their head or knocking cigarettes out of their mouth must have nerves of steel to stand still and not move - I know I couldn't do it
(06-16-2016, 08:56 AM)cableg Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Sorry for your loss - she lived a good long life though
(06-16-2016, 08:59 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register

One more - i found this which is the description that went with the photo i just added before.
Over 80 years ago - and all done for a good cause as well. Many thanks for sharing.

Darren (Getagrip) will love seeing this as well
Yeah that's awesome!

I think there is another member who joined a few months ago related to Jack too, so that's 3 relatives now and I think there was another who joined on the old site unless its one of the other 3 again?

Really good to see these pics and hear more of the history Smile

Many thanks for sharing! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(06-16-2016, 01:05 AM)Samuel Panda Verlander Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Welcome aboard Sam, good to see another relation of Jacks on the forum Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register