The other game I love
I never really followed rugby much, but, I like the all blacks mainly because of the maori haka stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw

Because it must surely be intimidating to play against them doing that and it is so entertaining for the crowd to watch, as well as for getting the players into the zone (good stuff).
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
I play chess, scrabble, and pool sometimes down the pub.

For physical sports I have 4 left feet, 3 right arms and 2 heads, so I'm not much good at most of them.
Football (soccer to our Ametican friends). Season ticket holder for many, many years at Man City.

Gotta admit as Im getting older, I'm going off football.

I have over the last few years gotten into cycling. Love the Tour de France, Giro, Vuelta and really enjoy some of the big, one day monuments. Starting to understand more about the tactics and races within a race so enjoying it even more.

I know there has always been problems with doping in the sport, but it is still a wonderful spectacle and a superhuman feat to cover those distances up mountains and in all kinds of weather.
Taxi for Mr Nelson!
I played chess, table tennis, soccer, football (obviously) and basketball in the past, but... besides Darts, i have a strong feel that i would enjoy the hell out of a Golf game, as a player. It's a pity i haven't tried so far Undecided but i'm looking forward to it.

I believe there are many similarities with the skills required to be a solid darts player (the mental ones more particular, apart from the posture) if you manage to get a decent swing Big Grin

Any nut happened to play both golf & darts ???
(05-21-2020, 04:16 AM)Luke_Kuechly_59 Wrote: I played chess, table tennis, soccer, football (obviously) and basketball in the past, but... besides Darts, i have a strong feel that i would enjoy the hell out of a Golf game, as a player. It's a pity i haven't tried so far Undecided but i'm looking forward to it.

I believe there are many similarities with the skills required to be a solid darts player (the mental ones more particular, apart from the posture) if you manage to get a decent swing Big Grin

Yep! There's some pretty amazing similarities between a basic golf swing and the basic darts throw. The slow take-away, the smooth transition between the draw-back and forward motion, then the acceleration of the throw with a "snap" or crack of the whip action to release the dart. It's the same idea in a golf swing - slow take-away, smooth transition at the top, "gradual" acceleration from the top through the swing, and a crack of the whip just before contact with the golf ball.
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
That description of some of the preparation moves, looks so detailed... I mean it looks like Golf could be one of the hardest one-man sports to reach a decent level of success. Seems perfect for someone who pays attention to detail and observes his whole existence (body, mind and soul) into a process. Definitely looking forward to get it going.

Thanks for the inputs.
(05-21-2020, 04:16 AM)Luke_Kuechly_59 Wrote: I played chess, table tennis, soccer, football (obviously) and basketball in the past, but... besides Darts, i have a strong feel that i would enjoy the hell out of a Golf game, as a player. It's a pity i haven't tried so far Undecided but i'm looking forward to it.

Yes! And discgolf too.
GAME ON SINCE JAN 2020
[Image: J2cN4ka.png]
Maximums: 5 Highest checkout: 132 [SB-T19-Bull] Best leg: 21 darts (twice)
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gotta love Amazon mc1958 5 256 02-28-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Manchester United in Love SlingBlade 0 314 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade