The other game I love
Dorian, that has got to be one of the best plays ever.
top notch
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

(05-29-2014, 06:09 PM)The DArtist Wrote: Let me tell you what is wrong with Rugby football:
There are only 13 - 15 players a side (Rugby League or Union).
There is no kicking team.
There is no Offensive team.
There is no Defensive team.
The poor buggers are expected to be on the pitch the whole game. (7 subs allowed)
No helmets are worn.
No gladiator padding is worn.
Two 40 minute halves with a ten minute half time. Clock only stops for prolonged injuries.
You don't get 4 attempts to move the ball 10 yards.
Average tackles per game per player: 16
You have to touch the ball down in the end zone, not good enough just to cross the line. Sorry, "break the plane of the goal line".
You don't have to weigh 300lbs to play.
After a try you don't get to convert (using a special team) from a spot inline with the point at which the try was scored.
If a player is tackled the game does not stop, the ball can get pick dup by another player.
Anyone can pass the ball.
Anyone can catch it.
Players don't have to be a member of a gang or supplement their pay with drug dealing.

I'd actually say all of what you said makes it a better superior game.

I prefer a fast free flowing game than a start stop start stop game. The only good thing about the constant starting and stopping is you have an opportunity to go to the bar for a beer or the toilet for a leak. Other than that, its really just designed to allow sponsors to get their adds on the big screen.
Gary Anderson 2015 Phase 3 - 23g
2015 180's -133
2016 180s - 23/150
Best leg 11 Darts : 140 - 180 - 121 - S20 D20 (136.63 avg)
Best peg - 134 (T20-T18-D10)
Have watched a few State of Origin games on tv,but cant watch the Brit equivalent Undecided
The other game I love is American college football. Go Tennessee Vols!
I'm a pool player. Been playing pool for 15 year, only been playing darts for the last 5 months or so.
(05-29-2014, 05:02 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: The toughest and best three games of rugby league on the planet for the year, it beats grand finals and world cups, the best of the best Aussie players taking it to each other on the grass.

Australia's state of Origin game 1.
New South Wales defeat Queensland at their home ground at Suncorp stadium (unheard of).
Bookies were giving bets of "if NSW lost by 8 points you will get your money back" and "If the blues got in front at anytime in the game you will be refunded your money if they lose"

Take that you stupid bookies!!!!
GO THE BLUES!!!

BTW Queensland with an 80% strong International Australian side just lost, Great win for the Blues and rare as hens teeth.

For me, it's golf, and running.  Did my first marathon a few months back.
(03-30-2015, 10:22 PM)DoubleTrouble Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 06:09 PM)The DArtist Wrote: Let me tell you what is wrong with Rugby football:
There are only 13 - 15 players a side (Rugby League or Union).
There is no kicking team.
There is no Offensive team.
There is no Defensive team.
The poor buggers are expected to be on the pitch the whole game. (7 subs allowed)
No helmets are worn.
No gladiator padding is worn.
Two 40 minute halves with a ten minute half time. Clock only stops for prolonged injuries.
You don't get 4 attempts to move the ball 10 yards.
Average tackles per game per player: 16
You have to touch the ball down in the end zone, not good enough just to cross the line. Sorry, "break the plane of the goal line".
You don't have to weigh 300lbs to play.
After a try you don't get to convert (using a special team) from a spot inline with the point at which the try was scored.
If a player is tackled the game does not stop, the ball can get pick dup by another player.
Anyone can pass the ball.
Anyone can catch it.
Players don't have to be a member of a gang or supplement their pay with drug dealing.

I'd actually say all of what you said makes it a better superior game.

I prefer a fast free flowing game than a start stop start stop game. The only good thing about the constant starting and stopping is you have an opportunity to go to the bar for a beer or the toilet for a leak. Other than that, its really just designed to allow sponsors to get their adds on the big screen.

+1
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
I played Rugby in college (San Diego State and Humboldt State). So, when ESPN 3 let me stream games, I thought I'd give it a go. Then, my wife walked in and said she didn't mind watching. Then, after one game, she suggested that we watch games together. So, I thought, "Okay. This is good." After we made it through all the games that ESPN3 had for last season, I was amazed at how into it my wife had gotten.
The thing that cracked me up was that she expressed a preference for sevens. Just a month before, I had to explain a line out to her and now she is saying that she prefers seven a side because it is faster moving.
oldguy

Football (English) and wwe although I watch most sports not golf
Another great Game,... Carom!!!
I love it!

CaromGame
[Image: j3svU4y.jpg]

Darts:  Target "Agora" 01 22g, Target "Titanium Pixel Stems", RD "Hardcore" Flights
            Showtime Darts  "Revolution" 23g with RD "NitroTech" Stems short, RD "Hardcore"  Flights

Dartboard Set Up:  One80  "Gladiator III", Unicorn "HD" Metal Number Ring, Target "Corona"  Surround
                               Winmau "Blade5"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manchester United in Love SlingBlade 0 273 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  True Love rabsmith2 4 1,494 04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Bigshow