Vendors - please read
Nope/ Long history with this guy and his on purpose of discounting the same darts that Madhouse ( paying vendor) was over the top.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
I like Andy but I must admit I didn't think that was too clever either - thanks for confirming Larry Smile
Ahh that explains it,,,lol
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
We may be Nutz....but not crazy! Lol! Mutual mode thing going on here....love our vendors...they take care of us....ask an admin for one of the Nutz discounts from our vendors next time you go shopping...and you'll catch my drift.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
I do not want to open a can of worms here, and yes I did start a post stating the great service I had from perfect darts a while back not knowing there was a feud with this forum and them, but by not allowing any posts about any company but those who support this forum does that not also hurt forum members by not informing us of where we can get dart supplies at great prices regardless if they support the forum or not? There are some of us that do not have a clue who all sponsors the site besides some of the obvious banner ones. Is there a list somewhere?
It was only a couple years ago where one of the most popular lists on here was of all the vendors and we were to rate our experiences with each one so that our people were informed of great companies to deal with... I assume we are now not to tell our experiences to help other buyers out?
Again I want to stress that I am NOT trying to cause trouble just want to make sure I am not posting stuff that is not tolerated. For the record I did in fact contact Madhouse darts with the intention of ordering the purist darts right up till I found out the shipping was half the cost of the darts, then it just took the value right out of the sale for me... I tried but 18 dollars to ship to Canada lost me.
Keep up the great work on this forum and hopefully plenty of sponsors will join us and a big thank you to those that already do!
  Hello from Waterloo, Ontario Canada! Moddarts Moddarts Moddarts
Hi dirocs....I think, and Icould be wrong, its the vendors or the vendors rep this is referring to...could be off base on that. Members can and do purchase from any vendor...and comment on their experiences.....just our supporting vendors give nuts discounts....speaking as a member, the discounts have made the difference for me, price wise.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
As far as I am aware members can post about deals they have got at other vendors, but I think the latest offer from this particular one crossed the line.

Madhouse posted an offer for a board and two specific sets of darts on Saturday morning. 24 hours later Andy came up with his own offer on the same two specific sets of darts (no doubt he would also have offered the board cheaper if he actually stocked it) and this was posted by one of the members.

As I said previously I like Andy but this latest offer is far too much of a coincidence - he obviously reads the forum and decided to try it on to the detriment of a forum supporting vendor (and it worked as he sold out his stock). I believe this is why this action has been taken against this particular shop.

From memory Andy was offered a supporting vendor role with the forum ages ago but declined and ended up getting banned because he kept on posting his shops offers despite being asked not to.

As far as I am aware members can still post offers from other shops - personally I probably do most of my shopping with Darts Corner, but I also shop with lots of other vendors including Madhouse and Pure Darts who both support the forum.

I would also add that if I was in the market for a set of bullet darts then I would have taken up the Madhouse offer, not Andy's.
(05-25-2015, 07:57 AM)mc1958 Wrote: As far as I am aware members can post about deals they have got at other vendors, but I think the latest offer from this particular one crossed the line.

Madhouse posted an offer for a board and two specific sets of darts on Saturday morning. 24 hours later Andy came up with his own offer on the same two specific sets of darts (no doubt he would also have offered the board cheaper if he actually stocked it) and this was posted by one of the members.

As I said previously I like Andy but this latest offer is far too much of a coincidence - he obviously reads the forum and decided to try it on to the detriment of a forum supporting vendor (and it worked as he sold out his stock). I believe this is why this action has been taken against this particular shop.

From memory Andy was offered a supporting vendor role with the forum ages ago but declined and ended up getting banned because he kept on posting his shops offers despite being asked not to.

As far as I am aware members can still post offers from other shops - personally I probably do most of my shopping with Darts Corner, but I also shop with lots of other vendors including Madhouse and Pure Darts who both support the forum.

I would also add that if I was in the market for a set of bullet darts then I would have taken up the Madhouse offer, not Andy's.

I was thinking how to reply to this Mike, read your post and though 'hmmm, thats pretty much spot on' Smile

We have always allowed members to post any offers, not just from our site sponsors but from anywhere - freedom of speech etc..

However when it is at the detriment of one of our own sponsors, and for not the first time it co-incides directly with a supporting vendors offer then its too much in my opinion - as Mike says, it crosses the line really.

We are not saying dont shop there or check for offers etc, all we are saying is please dont share them here on the forum.

Thanks
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
Sorry I took the post to mean that we are not going to be able to post about deals at shops that do not support here at all. Thanks guys
  Hello from Waterloo, Ontario Canada! Moddarts Moddarts Moddarts
We're just trying to return the favor to institutions that believe in what we are doing. They offered support to sustain what we do best in the field of darting. Aside from that they offered to provide special discounts to members as well.

They didn't ask us to give something in return. They don't have to.

We believe they deserve to have special treatment which translated into what we call "respect and gratitude". The relationship should more or less be symbiotic. Why not patronize them too and put them on top of the list of our choices.

Now going to the issue on sponsorship if you want to talk about it.

This "sponsorship" thing is the best solution we can think of right now to pay the bills and fees required to run the forum and enjoy all the benefits of interacting with each other. (You should know that Admins and Mods don't get anything in return, not even free set of flights - just to help organize this forum.)

Otherwise we will have to require each member to pay periodic subscription fees to gain access to the forum.

Because of our supporting friends, we are having this interaction right now.

djrocs88, no need to apologize. Your intention is good but it so happens that the organization that you are happy about - doesn't believe in this forum. If it doesn't believe in the forum, then it doesn't care about its membership. Though it offered to help on the condition that it will have absolute control over everything here. (They wanted to use us.) And it's only the benefits of buying from them that we can be allowed talk about.

If we allowed that to happen, then probably we are not the same forum as we are now.

I hope everything is clear now so that we can end this issue and focus on other productive undertakings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member we need your Help - please read *Saber* 6 1,776 11-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  New section added in forum vendors Getagrip 0 1,104 08-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip