the split in darts. B.D.O/P.D.C
i watched this a wee while ago good watch about when darters left the B.D.O
[video=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/video] Register
[video=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/video] Register
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Thanks for that Jamie, very interesting viewing. +1 from me mate.
No matter how many times I watch this I'm always engrossed.

Yeah its a great view Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I've always found the split interesting. Really it should have killed the BDO but the fact that its still around 23+ years later is a testament to them and the 'local' player to some extent.

I do get really annoyed when it gets slated. Everyone in the PDC started at the BDO and yet seem to have forgot this.

I know that things went awry in the late 80's however TV had dried up, and the world was moving in a different direction (as was TV) . The BDO did stay still (wrongly) and probably did try and stubbornly ignore the necessary changes however i think both could have handled it better.

Ultimately both have survived. The PDC is now massive and the BDO is still strong and healthy despite the routine exodus of top talent.

I like the BDO as anyone can enter it and even win it and it doesnt require 'tour cards', contracts or vast costs. The PDC on the other hand has moved into 'football' teritory (with the hooliganism to boot)

Darts was about the 'everyman' and as i have said before remains connected to its roots.

I just wish the BDO would get more TV time
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I'm certainly no labor expert, but having two separate darts organizations seems counterproductive. If you look at other individual sports like tennis and golf they seemed to have figured it out. Even those sports had their teething pains but they are thriving now. In order to sustain and grow darts the pros have to be able to make a living and younger players have to be brought along at the grassroots level. If both organization joined perhaps they could work together to grow and sustain the game. Instead they seem to still be at odds.
These are great vids, watched them on YT before and well worth a watch again.
Very good information that i knew nothing about. Olly comes across as a bit of a dictator though...J.D.
It isn't only Darts though Boxing has a more than one "world champion" and the wrangling over who fights when, where and for what prize/trophy are often ridiculous.
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

hmmm, very interesting indeed, and had to watch this twice before forming an opinion, so i think ill just leave it at that. thanks for posting this jamie ... +1
WINMAU - 23g Carrera C3

2015 - 180s
WDA - 0
DODL - 0