How to hit your first 180 in darts ...
(10-12-2015, 05:04 PM)BigE Wrote: I guess you're right Dmott.  

But really... aim for the stem?  Aim for the flight?  Aim above the wire? Why not just aim for the target?

spot shooting...? anyone..? Blush
RebelModdarts: Tongue darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Accurate spot shooting + tight grouping = 180.

Get the first in and follow with the other two. Very flight school.
great post. enjoyed the read..
I keep coming back to this thread looking for answers. I've had my best shots following the same arc the first dart was thrown and focusing on the spot.
I think I read someplace that when you throw 180 the darts you use should be "the ones". I was trying to figure which dart felt better to me, Adrian Lewis G3's, or Aden Kirk's. I had 2 AL's and one AK and hit the 180. So, now what do I do? I like them both although the Aden Kirk darts seem to be showing wear after only a few months.
(10-20-2015, 03:01 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I think I read someplace that when you throw 180 the darts you use should be "the ones". I was trying to figure which dart felt better to me, Adrian Lewis G3's, or Aden Kirk's. I had 2 AL's and one AK and hit the 180. So, now what do I do? I like them both although the Aden Kirk darts seem to be showing wear after only a few months.

What you've found out is that the rule "throwing a 180 with the darts means they are meant for you" is rubbish. 

I'd say that the darts that are "for you" would be the one's that you find more often in better groupings.
all my 180's have been with different darts except 3 that I got multiple 180's with Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Truth be told my 180's come some rarely and I change my darts every couple of months so finding that one set of darts I can count on just won't happen at the rate I'm going
(10-21-2015, 03:13 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Truth be told my 180's come some rarely and I change my darts every couple of months so finding that one set of darts I can count on just won't happen at the rate I'm going

It's not the darts.
@BigE
My setup is at about 11o'clock and pullback just abt 2 inches from my nose. In these case I can see the target. The aiming is on the point of setup while pulling back doesnt involve any further aiming or aligning, right?
Darts: 24gms Purist Phase 3; 23gms Perfect Storm 2; 22gms OLD Puma dart
180's: 2015 - 3 ; 2016 - 2
Highest Checkout: 120
Darter since Aug2015
Flight School Nov2015

But really... aim for the stem?  Aim for the flight?  Aim above the wire? Why not just aim for the target?

Yes agree.  When people tell me to 'aim for the wire' guess what I do?  I hit the wire!  Tongue

The real truth of hitting a 180 is you need to Miss a whole bunch of them.  Practice and refinement and patience and of course a belief you can do it.

That being said, I would dissuade anyone from trying to 'hit a 180' but rather focus on the delivery of the dart you have in your hand to the triple 20 and get the job done one dart,one throw at a time.
Addend to my previous.
Or does it have to look like: having an imaginary string from the end of the pullback to the target whereby all (setup point, pullback point & target) are in line? My aiming for now stops right at the start of the setup/ends when pullback starts.
Darts: 24gms Purist Phase 3; 23gms Perfect Storm 2; 22gms OLD Puma dart
180's: 2015 - 3 ; 2016 - 2
Highest Checkout: 120
Darter since Aug2015
Flight School Nov2015
(10-31-2015, 05:54 AM)davidsproull Wrote:

Yes agree.  When people tell me to 'aim for the wire' guess what I do?  I hit the wire!  Tongue

The real truth of hitting a 180 is you need to Miss a whole bunch of them.  Practice and refinement and patience and of course a belief you can do it.

That being said, I would dissuade anyone from trying to 'hit a 180' but rather focus on the delivery of the dart you have in your hand to the triple 20 and get the job done one dart,one throw at a time.

Pretty much. I was just told the same thing for archery. Don't worry about score, just shoot one arrow at a time. Granted Archery is only one target, but the principle is the same.
(11-08-2015, 03:52 AM)huckduck Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:54 AM)davidsproull Wrote:

Pretty much. I was just told the same thing for archery. Don't worry about score, just shoot one arrow at a time. Granted Archery is only one target, but the principle is the same.

Is there rhythm in archery?
This is very helpful. Learning different practice routines and info from others is what the sport is all about. 1. it makes your practice more interesting and 2. you can take a little from each and make your own routine. Golf was very similar for me. I would have my own way of using a few others ideas. To each his own. Thanks for the tips.
The Sandman Cometh
I throw with an arc and I just follow the arc and let things flow - like throwing a tiny stone in a pond and enjoying the ripples.

Smooth!