How to hit your first 180 in darts ...
I guess that would explain my frustration when moving to the left to stop hitting treble 1's lol!!!
Wow this thing really works for me!!!,,
But I can't see the wire during the initial aiming as its covered by my grip.
Darts: 24gms Purist Phase 3; 23gms Perfect Storm 2; 22gms OLD Puma dart
180's: 2015 - 3 ; 2016 - 2
Highest Checkout: 120
Darter since Aug2015
Flight School Nov2015
Not happy with this advice. Flight School says A2 is the drill that enables you to score heavily. I have to agree.
I got problems with where to aim although I cannot see the wire initially and these method got my darts in one place where I like it to be. A newbie here with 2 months throwing darts. I hit my 1st triple ever T19 after just 2 days adopting these method. Hitting TBulls seems easy now and hit 4 triple in my practice.
Thanks for the post Getagrip
Darts: 24gms Purist Phase 3; 23gms Perfect Storm 2; 22gms OLD Puma dart
180's: 2015 - 3 ; 2016 - 2
Highest Checkout: 120
Darter since Aug2015
Flight School Nov2015
(10-03-2015, 02:23 PM)DartMaster Wrote: I got problems with where to aim and these method got my darts in one place where I like it to be. A newbie here with 2 months throwing darts. I hit my 1st triple ever T19 after just 2 days adopting these method. Hitting TBulls seems easy now  and hit 4 triple in my practice.
Thanks for the post Getagrip

That's great to hear mate, glad its helped Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(09-25-2015, 02:21 AM)DartMaster Wrote: Wow this thing really works for me!!!,,
But I can't see the wire during the initial aiming as its covered by my grip.

If your pullback is long enough, you will see over the dart. Keep your elbow steady when you pull back. You only need to see the target for a brief instant, then follow through to the target.
Interesting read thanks. I have found not thinking about it when you get two in the treble bed, because thinking about a 180, will make you over think the shot. Don't think , just throwing naturally, 99% of the time you will hit a 180. That's how I do it.
Highest Checkout's 
170 (T20 T20 Bull)
167 (T20 T19 Bull) 
160 (T20 T20 D20)
140 (T20 T20 D10)
146 (T20 T18 D16)

180's In 2015 (33)
180's In 2016 (6)

Best 501 - 17 darts
(10-04-2015, 02:56 PM)RichardUK Wrote: Interesting read thanks. I have found not thinking about it when you get two in the treble bed, because thinking about a 180, will make you over think the shot. Don't think , just throwing naturally, 99% of the time you will hit a 180. That's how I do it.

That's certainly another aspect of darts that is hard to master for some, its nice when you do though Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I just reread this article and it was and still is good advice. I've found that aiming for the top wire actually works pretty good and the cross of the flight also a good way to sneak the dart in. It gets me to focus not so much on the goal of a high score but the accuracy of the dart I'm throwing.
I play solo most all the time and to me it's all about the accuracy of the dart thrown. I don't hammer out the high scores but when I do it feels pretty good and following the advice in this article has helped me a lot. Oh yea and flight school has been in there all the time as well.
(10-05-2015, 03:12 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I just reread this article and it was and still is good advice. I've found that aiming for the top wire actually works pretty good and the cross of the flight also a good way to sneak the dart in. It gets me to focus not so much on the goal of a high score but the accuracy of the dart I'm throwing.
I play solo most all the time and to me it's all about the accuracy of the dart thrown. I don't hammer out the high scores but when I do it feels pretty good and following the advice in this article has helped me a lot. Oh yea and flight school has been in there all the time as well.

i also practice  solo most of the time ...to feel my throw and make an adjustments if i have to...
RebelModdarts: Tongue darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Whatever happened to aiming where you actually want the dart to land?
(10-12-2015, 04:51 PM)BigE Wrote: Whatever happened to aiming where you actually want the dart to land?

:fishing:
I guess you're right Dmott.

But really... aim for the stem? Aim for the flight? Aim above the wire? Why not just aim for the target?
Yeah I agree. Sometimes I end up looking a tiny bit above where I want to hit, but thats a habit I am trying to break. To me it seems like it introduces more inconsistency, because at that point I am looking high and pretty much trying to miss low.

Having a dart already in the triple for sure helps, but I dont know if I would try to aim at the flight. I would aim at the target still, knowing that I would rather miss high because that first dart might guide the next one in.
I can understand aiming high in one case alone: I'm trying to poke one into the S20 and T20 is a bonus. But that is not how to hit a buck eighty. That is how not to throw your darts away by trying to always hit the T20.