How to hit your first 180 in darts ...
That's why it will be tough. I pick a dot or defect in the sisal to aim at.

If both darts are where I want them, I will at times try to lay it on top of them or just hit them as this will tend to have the final dart reach the target.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
anything to do with the eyes focussing these days is tough for me, but I try my best Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I tried this last night. I had mixed results. I thought I had a good pace for my throw and counting the pace in my head. Then for some reason my arm did what it wanted to do. So my pace would speed up then after noticing the speed up I would forcibly slow it down, which was too slow. The one thing that seemed to work is once I got a dart to where I wanted it let's say in the 20 or bull I aimed at the cross of the flight. This kept my darts very close, closer then I have been able to do.

I did get about a half dozen of these, though. It may happen soon.

[Image: 20140331_183948_zpsctvdoaxs.jpg]
Rhythm is the only thing saving me right now. As I'm working on getting my throw back. If i have to stop and think about score or my throw I'm screwed. If I can throw all three without having to break my rhythm I can score much more consistently
(04-01-2014, 01:25 PM)USMC80 Wrote: If i have to stop and think about score or my throw I'm screwed.

Me too. I'm just how beginning to realize why knowing your outs -- really knowing them -- is so vital. And why the players who have put in the time to know their outs get so frustrated with a partner who hasn't. I still have a lot of work to do in that regard.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

This is what I'm talking about! This is why I joined DN. Thanks for sharing .
[Image: Munchie.png]
(04-02-2014, 04:42 AM)Munchie Wrote: This is what I'm talking about! This is why I joined DN. Thanks for sharing .

No problem Smile

There is a lot of info out there but I think sometimes it can be too technical or involved and that just messes with your mind, but I think having a good rhythm is something easy to understand and easy enough to put into practice, improving accuracy is the hard part but if you have a good rhythm and can group your darts together then it helps greatly, you only have to get that first one in and the rhythm should help getting the next two in Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(04-02-2014, 11:41 AM)Getagrip Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 04:42 AM)Munchie Wrote: This is what I'm talking about! This is why I joined DN. Thanks for sharing .

No problem Smile

There is a lot of info out there but I think sometimes it can be too technical or involved and that just messes with your mind, but I think having a good rhythm is something easy to understand and easy enough to put into practice, improving accuracy is the hard part but if you have a good rhythm and can group your darts together then it helps greatly, you only have to get that first one in and the rhythm should help getting the next two in Smile

perfectly said grip. Put that first one in the hole and the rhythm will greatly help put the next two right in (almost point to point)
This worked and worked well, got my first 180 practicing at the bar last night. I am definitely going to keep this info as part of my play and practice.
It worked for Poopy Smile
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's