One80 Gladiator II (2)
When I've sold heavy stuff on ebay I sent all over with Parcel 2 Go
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I purchased a Gladiator 2 after reading the original review by Getagrip, and I'm very happy with it. (This review from Chr1st2aan is also excellent reading, thanks)

Because the wires were so much thinner than all other boards before it at the time, the target areas were noticeably bigger. It made me curious and a little concerened as to whether it was made to regulation.This lead me to ask what the PDC & BDO state as the official board dimensions. I duly wrote to both organisations and 3 well-known board manufacturers too. To be honest I had a varied response from precise to vague generalisations. As a result of which I ended up without a definitive answer, only a sort of consensus that they were all generally made the same. I really wanted to know if manufactureres had pehaps 'strayed' in any way from these 'original(?)' specifications. So I was very pleased to see a recent post about News of the World memorabilia regarding posters etc. On one of them from the 1940's I think, showed the following picture:

This was the regulation board requirement for the Worlds biggest darts competition of its time so one would therefore assume it must be correct and remain valid even today. (Although as we know the oche distance did change). As all dimensions given radiate from the center of the board outwards it is really clear to follow. So I have now measured my G2 against this diagram and its absolutely spot on.
The real difference again being that all the target areas are bigger due to the thin spider ....sort of reassuring really, how does your new board measure up?

Cheers

P.S Did you notice that admission was free then....how times have changed eh?
PPS I wonder if you also noticed that they called the throwing line the Hockey not Oche....but there again the common working class man was often 'eard dropping his H's in general parlance. Whereas HI, Hardly Hever Does.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

yeah they had huge crowds then too Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I have had my G2 up for about 6 weeks now and have been giving it some serious throwing time and I have to say the bounce out's can be counted on one hand even though I do not throw hard not one has "fallen" out unlike with the B4 dual core.
Without any doubt this is my favourite board so far.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I will make some pics of the board. It's holding well... just rotated once and the second time will come now Smile
180 '14 - 21  Cool
180 '15 - 14 
180 '16 - 5  
180 '17 - 11
WOW!! £30 to ship a board. Huh
Yup this board would be mine if it wasn't for the stupid shipping
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(05-26-2014, 09:24 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Yup this board would be mine if it wasn't for the stupid shipping

Yeah, I was quite shocked when I went to check out. How do we get these boards being in the USA?
Not sure why the shipping price is so shocking?

The board is approx 4-5 kilos to ship. I have looked at almost all carriage options & the actual price is £36.00 so we are even discounting that.

Plus if you order using one of our discount codes then you can save some money on the board.

At the moment there is no dealers taking on the One80 equipment (boards especially) but if you have a favourite dealer why not get them to drop us a line so that we may discuss a bulk shipment?

Also, if 5 or 6 of you wanted to get together to ship as one item then the carriage will come down but you would have to organise onward shipping.

The other option would be if you can find a cheaper shipping option then you are more than welcome to organise collection from us & then we wouldn't charge you carriage & handling.

We try to be as helpful as we can. That said we have sold a fair few to the US & other international destinations.

But please email me directly if you wish to discuss further.

Thanks
Mike
email: sales@infinitidarts.com
http://www.infinitidarts.com

(05-26-2014, 11:22 PM)Infiniti Darts Wrote: Not sure why the shipping price is so shocking?

In the USA I order the Blade 4 or the Unicorn Eclipse Pro from Amazon and get free shipping. So when I get ready to check out and see a £30 ($51.50) charge it's quite shocking. I'll just wait patiently until you guys get a US distributor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 122 46,027 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Gladiator 2 dartboard review Getagrip 103 57,768 09-25-2015, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Gladiator 2 Board Big Gun 45 14,871 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Big Gun