Darts Match - a brand new darts game with Unicorn approval
(03-17-2014, 07:47 PM)uncle poop Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 07:44 PM)Tormentor Wrote: I'm terrible at this! 20avg! Reminds of the partner I had last weekend at a comp

Yeah I seem to get 11's and 3's. Too much like real life. I can't figure out how I feel like I throw the darts at the same speed and time yet one will hit off the top of the board, one next to the bull and one low on the board.

You will get used to it, just takes a lot of practice.
I installed it earlier only had time for a quick go but looks good, managed to hit a bullseye too lol!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I really like the game, but I dislike the online format. After I read that USMC80 was using the game I searched for him and found him. Now he wasn't online at the time but I was able to start a game against him, and that was the problem. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to start a game against somebody until they are online. You could possibly request a game but that's it. With This particular game I was patient as it was against another forum member but the game (one leg of 501) took well over an hour as there were no real time updates about game play. So I had my throw and then Mac realised I had started a game against him and had his throw about 10 mins later. I didn't know he had his turn as I was on waiting screen and had to keep refreshing to see if he had his turn. Now it would say waiting for his turn, waiting for his turn 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc, then suddenly after refreshing it would tell me he had infact taken his turn minutes before. Personally a game should not be played unless you are both on line, and you should never leave the board view screen. A player could be given a couple of minutes to complete their turn, but after that the game should be over really as their is little point waiting around. Waiting 24 hours before you can even nudge the other player to take their turn is ridiculous as there will be many reasons why either I wouldn't wait that long, and even then they might not notice and when they do and take their turn, I probably wouldn't be online, so they get bored waiting and then log off and it goes on like that.....

If players on here for instance wanted to play then they could arrange a convenient time, but the waiting involved currently, and the fact that (from my experience) you don't see your opponent take their turn until after they took it, simply doesn't work for me and I wouldn't use the facility and would just play the computer opponents!
[Image: tmq2g1Yl.jpg]
(03-18-2014, 08:54 AM)dannyd180 Wrote: I really like the game, but I dislike the online format. After I read that USMC80 was using the game I searched for him and found him. Now he wasn't online at the time but I was able to start a game against him, and that was the problem. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to start a game against somebody until they are online. You could possibly request a game but that's it. With This particular game I was patient as it was against another forum member but the game (one leg of 501) took well over an hour as there were no real time updates about game play. So I had my throw and then Mac realised I had started a game against him and had his throw about 10 mins later. I didn't know he had his turn as I was on waiting screen and had to keep refreshing to see if he had his turn. Now it would say waiting for his turn, waiting for his turn 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc, then suddenly after refreshing it would tell me he had infact taken his turn minutes before. Personally a game should not be played unless you are both on line, and you should never leave the board view screen. A player could be given a couple of minutes to complete their turn, but after that the game should be over really as their is little point waiting around. Waiting 24 hours before you can even nudge the other player to take their turn is ridiculous as there will be many reasons why either I wouldn't wait that long, and even then they might not notice and when they do and take their turn, I probably wouldn't be online, so they get bored waiting and then log off and it goes on like that.....

If players on here for instance wanted to play then they could arrange a convenient time, but the waiting involved currently, and the fact that (from my experience) you don't see your opponent take their turn until after they took it, simply doesn't work for me and I wouldn't use the facility and would just play the computer opponents!

I understand what you're saying Danny and I plan on passing all this feedback on to the development team. The game is in its very early stages but advice like this will help us improve it going forward.
(03-18-2014, 10:30 AM)Tarriq Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 08:54 AM)dannyd180 Wrote: I really like the game, but I dislike the online format. After I read that USMC80 was using the game I searched for him and found him. Now he wasn't online at the time but I was able to start a game against him, and that was the problem. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to start a game against somebody until they are online. You could possibly request a game but that's it. With This particular game I was patient as it was against another forum member but the game (one leg of 501) took well over an hour as there were no real time updates about game play. So I had my throw and then Mac realised I had started a game against him and had his throw about 10 mins later. I didn't know he had his turn as I was on waiting screen and had to keep refreshing to see if he had his turn. Now it would say waiting for his turn, waiting for his turn 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc, then suddenly after refreshing it would tell me he had infact taken his turn minutes before. Personally a game should not be played unless you are both on line, and you should never leave the board view screen. A player could be given a couple of minutes to complete their turn, but after that the game should be over really as their is little point waiting around. Waiting 24 hours before you can even nudge the other player to take their turn is ridiculous as there will be many reasons why either I wouldn't wait that long, and even then they might not notice and when they do and take their turn, I probably wouldn't be online, so they get bored waiting and then log off and it goes on like that.....

I understand what you're saying Danny and I plan on passing all this feedback on to the development team. The game is in its very early stages but advice like this will help us improve it going forward.

Very well said Danny. Maybe an option for live matches only. This way both options are available. Thanks for passing along the feedback Tarriq
I think everyone is taking this app the wrong way. I don't think it was meant for real time game play. It is more of a social game along the lines of words with friends (scrabble) or the pictionary game. Where one player makes a move and when convenient the other player can play their turn. It would be nice to have a more real time game but won't work for me. When I do have time to shoot darts I rather do it with darts and not on an app.

This app is awesome for me because now I can start a match with someone and throughout the day at work I can play when I have down time. If a game takes a few days no big deal.
(03-18-2014, 12:53 PM)uncle poop Wrote: I think everyone is taking this app the wrong way. I don't think it was meant for real time game play. It is more of a social game along the lines of words with friends (scrabble) or the pictionary game. Where one player makes a move and when convenient the other player can play their turn. It would be nice to have a more real time game but won't work for me. When I do have time to shoot darts I rather do it with darts and not on an app.

This app is awesome for me because now I can start a match with someone and throughout the day at work I can play when I have down time. If a game takes a few days no big deal.

Not taking it the wrong way Poop. It was designed for real time game play. We are just offering feedback that some might prefer real time play. I don't mind the move system but think that a option for real time match would be neat as well
Tarriq I just started getting the notification but it is spotty at best. maybe 50 percent of the time. On HTC DNA running android 4.2.2
Gotcha USMC, I guess I read too much into the posts. My bad.
(03-18-2014, 01:02 PM)USMC80 Wrote: Tarriq I just started getting the notification but it is spotty at best. maybe 50 percent of the time. On HTC DNA running android 4.2.2

No problem I'll get someone to have a look at that for you.
Glad that the app has got people talking, it's useful for us going forward as we really want this to become the no.1 darts game on the market long-term.
(03-18-2014, 01:24 PM)Tarriq Wrote: Glad that the app has got people talking, it's useful for us going forward as we really want this to become the no.1 darts game on the market long-term.

Your well on your way. Another observation is their is a very big skill gap between medium and hard CPU. Maybe some players in between in the future
(03-18-2014, 01:38 PM)USMC80 Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 01:24 PM)Tarriq Wrote: Glad that the app has got people talking, it's useful for us going forward as we really want this to become the no.1 darts game on the market long-term.

Your well on your way. Another observation is their is a very big skill gap between medium and hard CPU. Maybe some players in between in the future

Yes I've got to admit that I struggle to beat the 'Hard' players. That is a definite consideration, though it does encourage you to try and improve I suppose.
LOL you guys are playing on the hard level and I couldn't beat easy with around the world. Like I keep saying too much like real darts, lol.
I've been able to master all the other dart apps. This one has a huge learning and a challenge. I'm loving it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts corner own brand darts Barrels 2 270 02-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Your All time favourite Darts match oche balboa 13 436 08-22-2019, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Troll
  New Darts Brand - Survey (rewards offered!) Poidisb 71 2,583 07-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Can the greatest darts player of all time step away from the game that made him? Getagrip 22 6,530 04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: BigCountry22
  Unknown (to me) darts brand t.l.f. ? oatcake180 1 219 03-08-2019, 01:16 PM
  Has a PDC player ever faced his own darts in a match? Berlin180 35 5,372 09-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
Thumbs Up Win Unicorn Jelle Klaasen darts In Darts Review Channel 15K Subscriber Draw Getagrip 17 2,115 08-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  PDC Darts Match Tarriq 4 454 08-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Tarriq
Thumbs Up Bargain darts that look like Taylor Unicorn Phase 1s from Darts Clearance thedartsclub 3 716 06-08-2018, 08:38 PM
  Darts is a strange game TJD180 9 764 04-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: TJD180