Dartboard height and distance for child and adult
Its great youre getting your son into darts. I know a few fathers and sons that play, and wish my dad had played.

One thought, I usually use the point of my nose as a rough guide for where the bullseye should be, for a 6 ft tall or so adult. Maybe something like that height for your son?
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(03-13-2014, 03:27 PM)solan goose Wrote: Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Do you think the board is ok, or should I choose something else?

IMO, the Blade 4 is a great board. Better than what's at some of the pubs I play at Smile
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

I agree with the blade 4. For the price, probably the best around in my opinion.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
I built a ochi up off the ground and my son stands about half a meter closer to the board. Also a step up Close to the board for him to pull his Darts. We Play only one a Standard hight board.
But a Training I give to my son is to throw a ping pong ball from one end of our B table into a cup or beer class at the other end of the table to try to get it into a Cup or beer glass .We have a bit of fun and It is teaching him to through straight . Have fun

A good Training tip for all
Blade 4 is best on the market, and you wont have problems with bouncouts from hitting the wire as with the older style and cheaper wire boards.
When my kids were that age I had a board directly underneath mine, you need to get it as high as possible (touching each other) to do this you need to hook the bottom one on first then the top one. Once they developed their throw (couple of months or less) they wanted to throw at my board and had no problem doing so, The bottom board eventually came down as they never used it, I put a milk crate under the board so they could step up and retrieve the darts.
I also made them throw from the proper distance as a good bounce out may come straight back at them, plus the added bonus of getting use to the distance worked a treat (you dont have to throw them hard to make the distance anyway).
But the biggest rule of all was to always wear their safety glasses. This ensured there be no hospital from bounce outs, dropping a dart in there eye as they reached to retrieve them, or falling of the milk crate as they stepped off with darts in their hand.

p.s. Spinning flight do more harm than good, less stable through the air and cant use darts that are in the board as blockers as good.
Some would disagree but let the PDC BDO speak for itself as no major player uses them.
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

Some great responses which really help! I am now considering making a portable oche platform for my son which we can pack away as it is in his bedroom. I can get the materials for free, so cheaper than buying another board and the distance can be easily altered if needed.
(03-24-2014, 02:30 PM)solan goose Wrote: Some great responses which really help! I am now considering making a portable oche platform for my son which we can pack away as it is in his bedroom. I can get the materials for free, so cheaper than buying another board and the distance can be easily altered if needed.

Sounds good, do a Tutorial with pics if you make it Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
One above the other is the best way. I personally dont think a child should throw at adult height or distance as this would be an unnatural dart throw. More like a long lob.
I think a lower board can help with the childs stroke and as the child grows then the height and distance can be increased.
I have just started playing recently with my 6 year old daughter.

[Image: fXeMWag.png]
Unicorn on tour ajustable height as he grows,you put your dart board above it
I have my board at normal height and my oche at 4 feet for increased averages. I would recommend 5 1/2 feet for little ones as there is always a risk of bounce outs. And using a soft tip dart until they learn darts are sharp!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Height practice Andreas 10 1,376 07-11-2018, 04:28 AM
Last Post: whippet0
  Dart board height and distance Catalaya 6 2,517 12-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Catalaya