Why did I bother buying these darts? - Category
(02-13-2014, 06:46 AM)eplea Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I was thinking about putting the phase 5 down as 5.
As it is about 10-12 grams more than what I normally throw.

Only bought them a couple of weeks ago because they were cheap.
But was surprised how well they went, with the dxm flights on.
They went like rockets to the board, and didn't drop down like I thought they would.
Found I was throwing them a lot easier and not as hard as my lighter darts.
Felt like I was placing them in the board instead of throwing them.
Was going to keep using them.

Only found when my throwing stoke or wrist was not quite right the darts went a bit wayward.
Not very forgiving. Also the 180's started to dry up with the darts being fatter.
(02-13-2014, 11:57 AM)speszel Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Datadart CT? Almost entirely smooth, tapered point, copper for a tad more grippiness. Don't know the diameter but not skinny.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Years ago I bought Latinum coated John Lowes. The safest place to stand was in front of the board Big Grin

24g black PVD coated Mervyn Kings. These darts as delivered with medium aluminum stems are almost impossible for me stick straight into the board. They are so tail heavy! They hang down like wilted lettuce. Until I scuffed the points, they were falling out left and right. A standard flight on a short nylon stem is the only way I can fly these. Even still, they have a tendency to hang down. The grip and weight feels so right, thought I would get on great with them. But these are the most unforgiving darts to throw ever, really difficult. And as for being matched weighted? One dart is .20 and .21g from the other two. Maybe someday my mind will change, for now really disappointed.

Interested in other opinions on these darts.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(08-12-2014, 02:49 AM)Dartbuggy Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterThey seem to sell well on the forum, always someone looking. Have you tried a smaller flight on the short stem, I had similar issues with other darts and went to short Cosmos with Superkite flights. Even so I feel a culling coming on. Watch out for super rare really good darts that I will be sad to lose.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

(08-12-2014, 01:43 PM)The D'Artist Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Y'all getting to know me. Yes I tried smaller flights. I tried every stem and flight I have. Results, the shorter the stem the better. The bigger the flight the better. They fly best with standard flights. Shapes or smaller make the problem worse. I have tried gripping on every inch of the dart, tip to tail with the same results. And the fact that they are out of match weighted tolerance is just icing on the cake.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

i tried these a little while ago, they feel wicked but couldn't hit the wall with them. Gutted
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I found the pvd kings were great landed straight in the board. Used short nylon stems and slim flights
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

(08-12-2014, 02:49 AM)Dartbuggy Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
See? I needed someone to tell me it was my fault. I hope I can correct my assessment. I found some in-between aluminums w/standard flights is working well now. I have not had any success with shapes or smaller flights. But have gone with medium nylon stems. They really land with good attitude when I strap on some Harrow Maxairs. But I just get distracted with something that big hanging off the back. They really are less forgiving than my front loaded darts. I was going to call them my Truth Detectors because they point out any errors in hand alignment. Instead, they found their identity as my Blues Kings. Blue Nylon and matching blue flights with the black barrels are a keen look. I have decided the weight discrepancies are a moot point and marketing scheme as I can tell no difference without the scale.

I bought these because it was meant to be.

I take back anything bad I might have implied about the Kings. True, I couldn't throw them stock. But learning to throw them has improved all my darts. I call them my truth detectors. They react to uneven finger pressure upon release. Learning a grip that allowed this dart to fly straight was a revelation. Actually seeing a dart fly without looping, twirling, and no flight rotation was awesome to behold.

I understand why respected authorities say what your arm does is none of your business. Yes, (I think) you have to put some thought and concentration on your arm. The thing is, the arm is the easy part. It is long. It is easy to move it straight down a line. First, a dart must fly true. What I observed over and over, my flight would be directly over the intended bed, but the point would land in the 5 or 1. Blaming that on the arm is an error. Once, I started flying the dart straight, I started hitting. Funny that.

I started with front loaded short barrels. These darts are very forgiving. Any wobble you may impart is quickly rectified. But, uneven finger pressures will still send your arrow askew. So they helped in the short, but not in finding a better path for the long run. Long/straight barrels seemed harder to throw without debilitating wobble. On the few moments I could throw them straight, I was blown away by the accuracy.

I had started using a more elongated grip with other darts, but the King was the first longer barrel where I started to figure it out. This was only my second long straight (kinda) barrel where I could stretch my grip out really far. Suddenly, I could fly a sweet arrow. The feeling of actually having some control where the dart landed was immensely satisfying.

I may find another set that suits me better. But I will always remember the Kings as a break through. My set currently has one dart down in intensive care for recovery with a modification related injury. So I am throwing them as a 2 dart set. I figure I get more first dart practice this way.

Why did I bother posting, why did I buy these darts?