Why did I bother buying these darts? - Category
Ok all good. American Legion?
(02-09-2014, 05:48 AM)G-Money Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Canadian: Army, Navy Airforce Veterans Association actually.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

Cool I'm a member of the American Legion here in the states, former Air Force.
Going back to topic lol .....

Unicorn Latinum - Luckily I didn't pay full price for these was a £5 bargain in TK Maxx one day.
Never heard a good word said about the Latinum coating how it got produced Ill never know.

Fortunatly the coating peeled off easily and I had a perfrect Colin Lloyd tungsten dart to throw and made that £5 a good deal.
1. 17g Unicorn brass soft tip darts. The tips were too soft, the darts looked like they were 25g.
2. 25g Unicorn "The Simpsons" brass darts. Ok, I'm a fan of the show, but not the darts. I did like the green slikstiks that came along with it, so I kept them. The darts, I have given to a relative.
3. 26g Unicorn Phase 5 darts. Whatever momentum I had throwing 180s with my 26g Target Silica Apollos when away when I switched to the P5s. I love the P5s but the Apollos are a better deal and are available in lighter weights.
Darts: Target Silica Apollo 22g
Dart Board: Winmau Blade 4

180s: 12 total

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
1. Knurled Thornton Red dragon darts. Look great but knurling is extremely slippery. That's why Thornton grips dart at end of dart where there is no knurling.
2. Winstanley Winmau darts. Again good looking darts but I struggle with the knurling grip. Thought it would be good with the rings at front but still found slippery.
3. Bunting 12gram V180 nano grip darts. I found the grip very slippery and slick (prefer smooth barrels like Hankey's or Jenkins darts).
5. 21g Penetrators front scallop to far forward, and rear scallop too far back.

I have to say all these darts have been well made, just not for me.

Had a change of heart on #4 before posting? Wink

I'll second the Buntings. I found the nano grip made the smooth barrel heaps slippy.
I said much the same about the grip in my review of the Target Buntings, yet some people have said it feels grippy so it just goes to prove we are all different Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-13-2014, 11:07 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterHa! I am thinking of a smooth barrel for my next dart, any recommendations? Tapered point preferably, needn't be thin, could be like Aviators or C10 without grooves. They don't slip with me.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

Check these out, a very nicely balanced dart that comes in a bunch of different weights: https://www.puredarts.co.uk/ted-hankey-t...ey-14.html
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register