Why did I bother buying these darts? - Category
Mate But you got two coated quality sets for 28 quid,and Me thinks you got bargain there for sure .Quality wise they are match weight darts all sets are 0.1 ,Designas that you mentioned aren't .
180-2(32)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(01-31-2014, 01:23 PM)Troll Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI agree re price but these darts just don't feel nice to handle. Might be the coating but they feel cheap. Not really written them off as they look good in the case. I have a number of soft tips, mostly Target. These are not the worst by any means. They fall in the shape and grip I like. I was just disappointed having waited so long for them to arrive.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

The worst darts I ever had were a set of Unicorn Latinums - I can't remember what barrel it was but I chucked them for about 5 minutes, packaged them up and mailed them back for an exchange.
Thanks for the PMs offering to take my Fordham and Whitlock darts off my hands. I'll keep them for now. Honestly, and I know there is no price/quality comparison, after throwing the Trimurti Brahmas these might never see the light of day again.
I don't like the Target Sport 90 either and I mostly really like the Target products.

(01-31-2014, 12:46 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Here's what I did with Phase 5. I changed the point to 50mm (extra long), used L-style Medium Shafts and Amazon Standard flights. Now try this set-up combination.
thats a big point! 25mm is usually plenty so double that would feel weird to me.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-08-2014, 12:10 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yeah, but the walk to retrieve them is shorter.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

This whole thread has me confused, he bought whitlocks thinking they are match weighted which I'm sure they are and is complaining because he bought Fordhams and doesn't know who he is? Didn't you not know who he was before you bought them or was it a light bulb moment "hey I have know idea who that guy is, I've been cheated"
(02-08-2014, 01:52 AM)brenthahn Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
lol I guess thats a plus Big Grin
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

(02-08-2014, 06:41 AM)G-Money Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterSorry, you are confused. Let's see if I can edify without seeming condescending.
1. I am not complaining; did not.
2. I said I was disappointed with the darts. Didn't like the feel, they look and feel cheap.
3. The box says match weighted, I weighed them, I disagree. Targets are way (weigh?) more accurate in their weights.
I bought them because I like the look of them and they were cheap on sale so I thought I would give them a go.
4. I don't care who the player is. I don't buy golf clubs because Tiger plays with them, I don't buy darts or anything else just because someone has endorsed them for money.
5. I never said I was cheated.
6. The thread was "Why did I bother buying these darts?" and it generated a few similar responses.
7. it is "no idea" not "know idea". But, hey, I make typos too!
8. I am still not complaining, I have not sent them back.
9. They actually throw nicely, as I stated.
10. I made fair comment.
11. Others like them and have offered to swap or buy them from me but I will keep them and maybe try them again one day, or gift them as a prize at the Legion.
Now, if you like you can join in and tell us of any darts you bought and wish you hadn't for whatever reason. If you read the comments nobody says "I was cheated" or anything like that, they say "I can't throw them, they don't fit me etc etc"