Winmau Darts Related Questions here:
Here is a photo of two 24 gram barrels side by side:
[Image: 20140126_153449_zpseebdc180.jpg]

Both are 90% tungsten yet the bottom ones feel ok.
The Whitlocks feel way heavier.
Have you tried the same shaft and flight setup on them?
What is the dart on the bottom of the pic. I like the look of those.
Could Winmau give me some options on other points that fit the Steve Beaton darts, the knurled points are not for me and other points I have tried including standard, Red Dragon black, Target Storm and Unicorn grippers all too loose in the barrel and fall out.

Regards.
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
The bottom set are called Harrier darts, 90% tungsten. I think they are made by Condor Sports but I'm not sure.

(01-26-2014, 09:39 PM)Kcoc Wrote: What is the dart on the bottom of the pic. I like the look of those.

Edit: I am not currently using the Whitlocks and think I have a local sale for them. I haven't ordered them in 22 grams yet but am debating it. My only other issue with them was the occasional slippage due to lack of grip. Lol, who a I kidding? I'll be ordering them eventually TongueCool
(02-06-2014, 09:59 PM)REBEL Wrote: Could Winmau give me some options on other points that fit the Steve Beaton darts, the knurled points are not for me and other points I have tried including standard, Red Dragon black, Target Storm and Unicorn grippers all too loose in the barrel and fall out.

Regards.
Hi, Are you able to send them to us? I will sort them out for you. A dab of loctite retaining compound normally does the trick..

Cheers,

Lee
(02-07-2014, 09:23 AM)LeeUxy Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 09:59 PM)REBEL Wrote: Could Winmau give me some options on other points that fit the Steve Beaton darts, the knurled points are not for me and other points I have tried including standard, Red Dragon black, Target Storm and Unicorn grippers all too loose in the barrel and fall out.

Regards.
Hi, Are you able to send them to us? I will sort them out for you. A dab of loctite retaining compound normally does the trick..

Cheers,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated.

However I have tried Loctite, left overnight but after a few days one of the points stayed in the board.
Tried re applying a bit more Loctite but the holes seem way too big for any other points than the knurled ones.
Its not just one set, I have 2 sets of Beatons I am using (natural and bronze) and both will not take alternative points due to being too loose even using cling film and Loctite.

I have had other darts where certain points were too tight, I just cant remember what points they were as I think these would be ideal.

For now I will stick with the knurled ones.

Thanks for the reply and offer.
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
(01-26-2014, 02:44 AM)Nucky Wrote: I've weighed them and they are what it says they are. They just happen to feel heavier to me.
i know exactly what he means i have some 26g whitlocks and they do feel heavy but wiegh spot on it may just be the thickness
Highest Checkout :- 88
Highest 3D Throw :- 180
Darts :-Winmau Whitlock 26g,Winmau high impact 25g
yearly 180 count :- 1/30
Hi Lee, Could you please tell me how deep the bore depth is on a set of 24g Whitlocks.
I had a steel tip break, (not an original)(Mi Fehler) after time I have finnaly drilled it out to 4mm.
What is Standard depth?
Many thanks.
(03-15-2014, 04:26 PM)Aussie Kev Wrote: Hi Lee, Could you please tell me how deep the bore depth is on a set of 24g Whitlocks.
I had a steel tip break, (not an original)(Mi Fehler) after time I have finnaly drilled it out to 4mm.
What is Standard depth?
Many thanks.

Hi Kev,

The hole depth is 5mm. Be carefull when you are about to break through the bottom of the point as the drill can snatch and break. Especially if you are using hardened drills such as cobalt or carbide.

Cheers,

Lee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASK TARGET DARTS --- All Questions Here Getagrip 105 5,359 11 hours ago
Last Post: _TOPS_
  Two questions about darts/stems? cpohd 5 506 11-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  One80's darts related questions Getagrip 37 12,050 07-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Put your questions for Voks Darts in this thread please Getagrip 41 14,580 07-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer
  All other Winmau products questions in here: Getagrip 22 8,978 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Sir_Chjaka
  General questions for Winmau Getagrip 32 13,106 05-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Last Post: bret23
  General questions relating to One80 darts Getagrip 21 9,375 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post: tracy peckinpaugh