Winmau Darts Related Questions here:
(02-06-2014, 09:59 PM)REBEL Wrote: Could Winmau give me some options on other points that fit the Steve Beaton darts, the knurled points are not for me and other points I have tried including standard, Red Dragon black, Target Storm and Unicorn grippers all too loose in the barrel and fall out.

Regards.
Hi, Are you able to send them to us? I will sort them out for you. A dab of loctite retaining compound normally does the trick..

Cheers,

Lee
(02-07-2014, 09:23 AM)LeeUxy Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 09:59 PM)REBEL Wrote: Could Winmau give me some options on other points that fit the Steve Beaton darts, the knurled points are not for me and other points I have tried including standard, Red Dragon black, Target Storm and Unicorn grippers all too loose in the barrel and fall out.

Regards.
Hi, Are you able to send them to us? I will sort them out for you. A dab of loctite retaining compound normally does the trick..

Cheers,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the offer - much appreciated.

However I have tried Loctite, left overnight but after a few days one of the points stayed in the board.
Tried re applying a bit more Loctite but the holes seem way too big for any other points than the knurled ones.
Its not just one set, I have 2 sets of Beatons I am using (natural and bronze) and both will not take alternative points due to being too loose even using cling film and Loctite.

I have had other darts where certain points were too tight, I just cant remember what points they were as I think these would be ideal.

For now I will stick with the knurled ones.

Thanks for the reply and offer.
[Image: Adyds3t.jpg]
(01-26-2014, 02:44 AM)Nucky Wrote: I've weighed them and they are what it says they are. They just happen to feel heavier to me.
i know exactly what he means i have some 26g whitlocks and they do feel heavy but wiegh spot on it may just be the thickness
Highest Checkout :- 88
Highest 3D Throw :- 180
Darts :-Winmau Whitlock 26g,Winmau high impact 25g
yearly 180 count :- 1/30
Hi Lee, Could you please tell me how deep the bore depth is on a set of 24g Whitlocks.
I had a steel tip break, (not an original)(Mi Fehler) after time I have finnaly drilled it out to 4mm.
What is Standard depth?
Many thanks.
(03-15-2014, 04:26 PM)Aussie Kev Wrote: Hi Lee, Could you please tell me how deep the bore depth is on a set of 24g Whitlocks.
I had a steel tip break, (not an original)(Mi Fehler) after time I have finnaly drilled it out to 4mm.
What is Standard depth?
Many thanks.

Hi Kev,

The hole depth is 5mm. Be carefull when you are about to break through the bottom of the point as the drill can snatch and break. Especially if you are using hardened drills such as cobalt or carbide.

Cheers,

Lee
With the 25g Winmau Hi-Impact is the difference just the packaging?

Old
Broken link removed

New
Broken link removed
Darts - 24g ShowTime Destiny S/T
Dartboard - One80 Gladiator 2
Best 501 leg - 12 darts (30/10/2014)
[quote='Hackett180' pid='63546' dateline='1395061906']
/quote]

Yep, the only diffrence is in the packaging Smile
Does Winmau still make the Ton Machine Pocket Darts scorer? (Basically a darts specific: "X01" calculator)
(03-18-2014, 05:52 AM)LeeUxy Wrote: [quote='Hackett180' pid='63546' dateline='1395061906']
/quote]

Yep, the only diffrence is in the packaging Smile

Thought so. Thanks Lee
Darts - 24g ShowTime Destiny S/T
Dartboard - One80 Gladiator 2
Best 501 leg - 12 darts (30/10/2014)
Is it just the prototypes which you design lee? I know the darts are made in kenya but do you actually do any manufacturing there?

Cheers

Dan
(03-19-2014, 09:28 AM)kamikersie Wrote: Is it just the prototypes which you design lee? I know the darts are made in kenya but do you actually do any manufacturing there?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

I design all new darts in the UK and then send the exact programs and masters to the factory in Kenya for production. I am actually in Kenya at the moment overseeing production of new dart designs Wink

I also service all of our sponsored players darts in the UK where every version or tweak ever made is kept safe. Occasionlly, if need be some manufacturing willl be done on my machine.

Cheers,

Lee
Hello again Lee.
I have another ?. This time it is about the finished product.Dart.
I have just tryed out a set of Christian Kist 24g.
Could you explain a bit about the cleaning process, before the Darts are packed.
It is the first time that I have felt a oily coating on a new set. Just got me thinking,
Ask Lee. Now my brain can move on. Till the next time.
Brilliant to have you arround.Thanks Lee
(03-31-2014, 02:00 PM)Aussie Kev Wrote: Hello again Lee.
I have another ?. This time it is about the finished product.Dart.
I have just tryed out a set of Christian Kist 24g.
Could you explain a bit about the cleaning process, before the Darts are packed.
It is the first time that I have felt a oily coating on a new set. Just got me thinking,
Ask Lee. Now my brain can move on. Till the next time.
Brilliant to have you arround.Thanks Lee

Hi Kev!

The darts go through various polishing stages and are also de-greased to remove cutting oils etc The final stages of finishing involves hand polishing with fine abrasive cloth and buffing with an oil based compound. To be honest though this should not leave a any residue on the packed dart.

Cheers!,

Lee
Hi Lee,

When are the new Whitlocks for sale ?

Regards,

Fred
may all the doubles be with you

(04-14-2014, 09:18 AM)Fred Raket Wrote: Hi Lee,

When are the new Whitlocks for sale ?

Regards,

Fred

Hi Fred, still in development stage. He was here refining them 2 weeks ago. We basically moved the profiled scallop back another 2mm and I am waiting for some feedback off him. He won't have used them in competition yet and we are still at a very early stage in term of a launch date as there is a lot more to it than just designing the dart.... but I would hope they will be out by the end of the year.

Cheers,

Lee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASK TARGET DARTS --- All Questions Here Getagrip 108 6,900 12-08-2019, 05:04 AM
Last Post: blink180
  General questions for Winmau Getagrip 35 13,783 10-21-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: vona1a
  Two questions about darts/stems? cpohd 5 565 11-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  One80's darts related questions Getagrip 37 12,344 07-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Put your questions for Voks Darts in this thread please Getagrip 41 14,889 07-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Jacob Schaeffer
  All other Winmau products questions in here: Getagrip 22 9,263 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Sir_Chjaka
  General questions relating to One80 darts Getagrip 21 9,613 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post: tracy peckinpaugh