Winmau Dartboard Question here:
(01-28-2014, 08:43 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 06:59 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I agree it is an eyesore.

Just ordered an "original" Blade 4. Must practice my dart-plucking technique.

It's been a great board an aesthetic problem. You will enjoy it I have had not one bounce out from the spider.
Hi guys,

The new ink system has been used in production of the Blade 4 dartboard for several months now :-)

Cheers,

Lee
(01-31-2014, 03:18 PM)LeeUxy Wrote: Hi guys,

The new ink system has been used in production of the Blade 4 dartboard for several months now :-)

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks for the heads up Lee!
(01-28-2014, 09:28 PM)uncle poop Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 08:43 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 06:59 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I agree it is an eyesore.

Just ordered an "original" Blade 4. Must practice my dart-plucking technique.

It's been a great board an aesthetic problem. You will enjoy it I have had not one bounce out from the spider.

Did your dart stick into the outer bullring? lol , @ 8:30 o'clock
[Image: 20140128_083526_zpsf182549a.jpg]
Unless you are not considering the bullring to be part of the spider.

The actual fibers look fine to me Poopy
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

I've had some really hard hits still stay in the board. As far as non deflected bounceouts... I get maybe 1 every 2-3 weeks
Hi Lee, First no complants about the blade 4 as I have three of them.
My Q is about room temp. Can you recomend a temp that is giving the blades longer life,
or have your People done any test on room temp. To hot or to cold , dose it make a difference to the life of dartboards?
Cheers and many thanks for your time.
(01-31-2014, 06:47 PM)Aussie Kev Wrote: Hi Lee, First no complants about the blade 4 as I have three of them.
My Q is about room temp. Can you recomend a temp that is giving the blades longer life,
or have your People done any test on room temp. To hot or to cold , dose it make a difference to the life of dartboards?
Cheers and many thanks for your time.

Hi Kev, good question! As it happens I've done a fair bit of research into this in the last few months.
You may have heard that all our dartboards are all made in Kenya, where the worlds finest sisal is grown. I spend quite a lot of time out there during the year and it gets extremely hot and humid in the summer with fairly moderate, dry winters. Throw into the mix 2 rainy seasons (good for the wildlife Angel ) and you can understand that there are differences between hot, wet, dry, cold(ish) conditions depending on the time of the year.

Sisal fibres are actually hygroscopic, meaning that they absorb moisture. When they absorb moisture they expand, increasing the density of the dartboard. In dryer conditions the board becomes slightly softer.

Another factor is that the adhesives in dartboards are water based, meaning that if they are kept in extremely dry conditions for a long time the adhesives can become too dry and lose some of their effectiveness.

Production standards are now set not only factoring in density but also humidity and temperature which can change quite considerably from a cold morning to a very hot, humid day, meaning that the production process must change in accordance.

The different scenarios have been tested so that our dartboards perform at their best based on average humidity levels between 60 - 80 and at temperatures between 20 - 28 degrees.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Lee
thats interesting, I am sure some of the boards that people have posted i.e. the ugly boards have been the result of water damage.

Just goes to show that there is more science in these products than it would seem Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-31-2014, 05:02 PM)DIRTY G Wrote: Did your dart stick into the outer bullring? lol , @ 8:30 o'clock
[Image: 20140128_083526_zpsf182549a.jpg]
Unless you are not considering the bullring to be part of the spider.

The actual fibers look fine to me Poopy

Even though you see those marks every dart that hits within the outer dub ring stays in the board. Unless someone was shooting for a dub and hits the number ring.

(02-03-2014, 10:53 PM)LeeUxy Wrote: Hi Kev, good question! As it happens I've done a fair bit of research into this in the last few months.
You may have heard that all our dartboards are all made in Kenya, where the worlds finest sisal is grown. I spend quite a lot of time out there during the year and it gets extremely hot and humid in the summer with fairly moderate, dry winters. Throw into the mix 2 rainy seasons (good for the wildlife Angel ) and you can understand that there are differences between hot, wet, dry, cold(ish) conditions depending on the time of the year.

Sisal fibres are actually hygroscopic, meaning that they absorb moisture. When they absorb moisture they expand, increasing the density of the dartboard. In dryer conditions the board becomes slightly softer.

Another factor is that the adhesives in dartboards are water based, meaning that if they are kept in extremely dry conditions for a long time the adhesives can become too dry and lose some of their effectiveness.

Production standards are now set not only factoring in density but also humidity and temperature which can change quite considerably from a cold morning to a very hot, humid day, meaning that the production process must change in accordance.

The different scenarios have been tested so that our dartboards perform at their best based on average humidity levels between 60 - 80 and at temperatures between 20 - 28 degrees.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Lee

Some great info Lee didn't know all that went into producing a board.

One question about board designing and new ideas. Would it be better to just design and build my own board and submit that to a company or draw up and send my idea to a company? I think I have an idea or two that may be useful to a lot of players.
(02-03-2014, 10:53 PM)LeeUxy Wrote: Production standards are now set not only factoring in density but also humidity and temperature which can change quite considerably from a cold morning to a very hot, humid day, meaning that the production process must change in accordance.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Lee

This concerns me greatly as winters here in the north eastern USA bring indoor humidity levels to between 20 and 40 EASILY. And summers can bring indoor humidity to well over 70%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard ekim2003 2 656 12-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl