Which darts are the best to buy?
Do you guys think darts clearance is a sensible place to get a first set? I was thinking 24g bomb shape (always had that kind of shape when I was a lad and feel like more weight feels more natural/stable in my throw - although it had been a few years since I last threw!)
(01-11-2018, 01:29 PM)dirks digglers Wrote: Do you guys think darts clearance is a sensible place to get a first set? I was thinking 24g bomb shape (always had that kind of shape when I was a lad and feel like more weight feels more natural/stable in my throw - although it had been a few years since I last threw!)

Yes. There are plenty of John Lowe shaped darts there. When you pay extra for darts at other websites you're mainly paying for player associations and pretty frills and trims and colours(essentially, go faster stripes for darts). They do nothing to enhance your game.
(01-11-2018, 01:33 PM)Jefferz Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 01:29 PM)dirks digglers Wrote: Do you guys think darts clearance is a sensible place to get a first set? I was thinking 24g bomb shape (always had that kind of shape when I was a lad and feel like more weight feels more natural/stable in my throw - although it had been a few years since I last threw!)

Yes. There are plenty of John Lowe shaped darts there. When you pay extra for darts at other websites you're mainly paying for player associations and pretty frills and trims and colours(essentially, go faster stripes for darts). They do nothing to enhance your game.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
(01-11-2018, 01:29 PM)dirks digglers Wrote: Do you guys think darts clearance is a sensible place to get a first set? I was thinking 24g bomb shape (always had that kind of shape when I was a lad and feel like more weight feels more natural/stable in my throw - although it had been a few years since I last threw!)

I just ordered a set of Classic Performance Darts from Darts Performance Centre. They were designed as an updated version of John Lowe's bomb shaped darts. I like the fact that they have a lot of grip. Their specs are very close to the Taylor Phase 5 from Unicorn.
Looks like the link is off =/
Expensive darts are not always the best darts...
I think darts its only the 50% of the equation, or even less.
great post this is going to help me alot
i like the "double 16" elite grips on reddragondarts in 23g. everytime i think i need something better i always find myself coming back to these. they're only about $25 also
Thanks for sharing!
(03-24-2014, 04:10 PM)Geo Silberzahn Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:05 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: Q: Which darts are the best to buy?
A: Free ones
Rebel Don't buy expensive darts until you have been playing for at least a year.
:s:dodgy:
The Darts manufacturers will come looking for me because I said that.

That's a short time period Ive been playing getting on 50 years & still not sure Iv'e got it right Huh