Which darts are the best to buy?
(10-07-2015, 10:14 PM)spamboy21 Wrote: When I was 10, i bought a set of £3.99 unicorn core brasses, still going strong 6 years later (with the exception of a few replaced stems), and plenty of 180s to boast about! But last year i bought a set of unicorn sigmas for no less than £70 and just couldnt use them!
Yet another reason why darts are such a personal choice

Yeah it's exactly true, you don't need to spend a fortune, good to hear you kept with the darts too Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
The darts that are best to buy are the ones sold by members here.

So better do something to qualify in the trading thing here at DNF!
Ive got a set of Steve Bunting 17g darts,bought for my niece as she looks to have a throw herself.Being so light the throw is effortless would probably help a beginners throw.
I've purchased several $100 - $150 dart sets and my favorite are still my Halex force Dunham's $29.99 specials!!!
Nice guide, some of that will be useful when I have a go at designing my own custom darts
What weight is recommended for a beginner?
(01-03-2016, 03:21 PM)tghswilliams Wrote: What weight is recommended for a beginner?

I would say 24 - 25 grams.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I'd say 23g. It's ppretty much bang in the middle of standard dart weights
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]
I'm a beginner. Have started with a set of 24g Harrow's, but having borrowed some other sets I seem to prefer a lighter weight. Going to try a 22g next and see how I get on with them.
(01-07-2014, 05:01 PM)Getagrip Wrote: A nice article on the Dartswarehouse site, worth a read for beginners too: http://www.dartswarehouse.com/Darts101/h...darts.html

The best I have come across for quality and value are the Red Dragon sets.  I've been impressed every time.