Which darts are the best to buy?
(05-05-2015, 08:56 PM)Rover Wrote: I find red dragon darts very up to date , great choice of darts and all affordable , brilliant service , great quality .

Lots of good designs at great prices, should have something to suit anyone really Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
so speaking as a total beginner, the best set to buy are what you can get your hands on Smile

My first two sets were very cheap brass darts - Harrows Club 22g, and then Puma Apex 20g

They were a starting point, and i knew they were not a long-term option (the points on the Harrows have now started to rust Undecided ). But theyve give me an idea of what style i should be looking for - the Apex Barrel had the right feel, but was too short, and the Harrows had a good barrel length, but were a bit too fat.

Taking that, and the great advice from this forum, i've ordered 2 new sets online, Tommys Hi Tec Vice 21g , and Ruthless Ring Grip 22g. Theyre both around 10 pound each, and at that price point, its great for experimenting with different weights and styles.

Once ive determined what works best for me, then i'll look into getting a more expensive set (but then again, i might not, if the 10quid darts do the job, why change anything? Smile )
My first set was some DMC Paul Lim Acute Soft Tip International version. I think they are a decent price for begginers. I got mine for $30.

Although after thay set, never again would I get a Acute Set....
Good luck with your choices and let us know how you get on Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
this is so hard to say I have found the weight I like through trial and error and then shape comes with what feels good. I can trow every dart I have picked up, the weight is more of the real thing to find. that's my 2cents
bump
I have an old set of original John Lowe Darts..
I just started playing and remember I had these from 30 years ago or so.

I have tried several different darts but as a beginner these seem really good as there's no real barrel length so holding position is taken care of.

They do seem to fly nicely also.
"Which underwear is the best to buy?"

...that's how silly this question is. It is so damn personal.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
Darts.sg is the best online store from where you will get quality dart products.
When I was 10, i bought a set of £3.99 unicorn core brasses, still going strong 6 years later (with the exception of a few replaced stems), and plenty of 180s to boast about! But last year i bought a set of unicorn sigmas for no less than £70 and just couldnt use them!
Yet another reason why darts are such a personal choice