Which darts are the best to buy?
(03-29-2014, 03:10 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: If your guitar has gold coatings, I'm assuming it is a Gibson? Maybe a les paul?

Would love a Les Paul, Milky, but funds don't permit. It's a Mexican Tele. Bought it on Fleabay - someone had put a gold bridge and control plate on it. Where I rest my hand, the finish has blackened and is disappearing.Sad Such is life.
Adds character. As long as it sounds good. My mexi strat really came to life when I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan Hotrails.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
I would advice to spent about 40 quid on 2 sets darts and some different sets of stems and flights.

Harrows Assassin 23gR
Harrows Gyro 23g
Winmau Foxfire 22g R, 24g (lowe)

Some of that range, not to expensive and good darts.
may all the doubles be with you

bump
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I just bought a set DMC darts as my first set.
(01-26-2015, 08:12 AM)tigerwds Wrote: I just bought a set DMC darts as my first set.
I guess that's one way of doing it!

Now that I've gone through a few sets over the years it's easy to look back and tell people to buy inexpensive darts in the beginning....brands like McCoy, Designa, Pure Darts, McKicks, etc..
I think the hardest thing is convincing people that inexpensive darts doesn't mean cheap/garbage.

Hopefully your DMC darts work out great...just kind of an expensive plunge for a first set. You'll find your preferences for weight, diameter, length, balance, grip, shape, etc.. all change over time. I look back at my first darts compared to now and I don't think there is a single consistent feature between them.

What DMC model did you buy? Don't get me wrong, they make incredible darts.
After long and deep thought on this I have come to a considered decision, I AM GOING TO BUY ANY DARTS I WANT AS SOON AS I CAN AFFORD THEM and I can do this safe in the knowledge that I am not addicted.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Sounds good to me Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-26-2015, 08:46 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: ...I AM GOING TO BUY ANY DARTS I WANT AS SOON AS I CAN AFFORD THEM and I can do this safe in the knowledge that I am not addicted.

I once knew a hard-drugging, hard-drinking guy who (when going through a bad time with very little money) actually got into drinking brake fluid every day. He emphatically maintained that it wasn’t a problem, because he could stop any time he wanted to. MUAAAHAHAHHAHA.....
I've been through many different combinations over the years and to be honest the darts I was most successful with were the cheapest set I owned (red dragons Fury 1 23g). i stuck with a 23g straight barrel, short nylon stems and standard flights for years And served me well. It's only now I've swapped to a bomb style barrel due to shoulder injuries which has restricted my throw somewhat.

Or just by a set of Unicorn purist phase 2......
[Image: oIDxeLS.png]