Which darts are the best to buy?
A nice article on the Dartswarehouse site, worth a read for beginners too: http://www.dartswarehouse.com/Darts101/h...darts.html
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
From the article:

A titanium finish darts offer a distinctive and classy look but it is also extremely practical and durable, created using leading edge technology.

This coating means that the tungsten underneath will not tarnish or corrode, deteriorate from salts, oils in your skin, dirt and grime build up or wear and tear, particularly given darters hands naturally release salts in the form of sweating.

I've heard that the Titanium can be slippery and eventually wears off.
I've also heard that vintage tungsten/copper darts, usually 80% Tungsten actually improve there grippyness as the oxydizing copper component leaves a rougher texture that aids in grip/control.
Golden Ti is nice and grippy for me, feels a bit like brass without the horrible smell. Vintage Copper T's are lovely though.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
ones with pointy ends are best TongueBig Grin
I think, The nature darts is best and it is looking beautiful.
Q: Which darts are the best to buy?
A: Free ones
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

(02-03-2014, 07:05 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: Q: Which darts are the best to buy?
A: Free ones
Rebel Don't buy expensive darts until you have been playing for at least a year.
:s:dodgy:
The Darts manufacturers will come looking for me because I said that.
(03-24-2014, 04:10 PM)Geo Silberzahn Wrote: The Darts manufacturers will come looking for me because I said that.

You only said "a year." Not "ever."
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(01-07-2014, 06:57 PM)redhedkev Wrote: From the article:

A titanium finish darts offer a distinctive and classy look but it is also extremely practical and durable, created using leading edge technology.

This coating means that the tungsten underneath will not tarnish or corrode, deteriorate from salts, oils in your skin, dirt and grime build up or wear and tear, particularly given darters hands naturally release salts in the form of sweating.

I've heard that the Titanium can be slippery and eventually wears off.
I've also heard that vintage tungsten/copper darts, usually 80% Tungsten actually improve there grippyness as the oxydizing copper component leaves a rougher texture that aids in grip/control.

You're right, Kev. All coatings will eventually wear off - titanium nitride is harder than most (which is why it's used on cutting tools and similar). Being hard and therefore having a smooth, less porous surface, it can certainly feel slippery, although that depends a lot on how coarsely the metal is milled as well. Sweat is the main problem, I find, especially if your sweat is salty/oily (which mine is - it eats away gold coatings, such as those on the metal parts on my guitar, quite effectively :s).
If your guitar has gold coatings, I'm assuming it is a Gibson? Maybe a les paul?
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]