Think I might need a new log end.
[Image: YYqExwA.jpg]
That doesn't look too clever - does anywhere actually sell them these days?
(08-08-2020, 09:40 PM)mc1958 Wrote: That doesn't look too clever - does anywhere actually sell them these days?

Possibly a shop in Oldham still sells them.
So, I see the numbers are not anywhere near the order of the sisal boards. Now that would take some getting use to for sure.
gumbo2176
(08-08-2020, 11:48 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: So, I see the numbers are not anywhere near the order of the sisal boards.    Now that would take some getting use to for sure.

It does, after awhile playing on one then changing to another, I have to double check the number I’m going for.
Can someone explain what exactly I'm looking at? lol
The Joker

[Image: VllXVYH.png]

MIKURU G2 "THE MIRACLE" SP

(08-09-2020, 04:50 AM)YoungStarDC Wrote: Can someone explain what exactly I'm looking at? lol

It's a dart board made from a slab of wood with the end grain facing you so the darts will stick better.     From what I've seen of them in pictures, never in real life, they are somewhat smaller than a modern sisal board and they are set up differently with the bull being lower and the oche being closer to the board.   You can also see the numbers ring is in a much different configuration that a standard sisal board.

That's all I've got.
gumbo2176
(08-08-2020, 09:51 PM)Chads2478 Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 09:40 PM)mc1958 Wrote: That doesn't look too clever - does anywhere actually sell them these days?

Possibly a shop in Oldham still sells them.

There appears to be a guy named dave mealey who makes them in denton (if he still makes them) he seems to be the only maker left.

and chads is right there seems to be a shop in oldham that sells them.

I have never played on one, or, even seen one in real life, but, find them a bit interesting.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
(08-09-2020, 04:59 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 04:50 AM)YoungStarDC Wrote: Can someone explain what exactly I'm looking at? lol

It's a dart board made from a slab of wood with the end grain facing you so the darts will stick better.     From what I've seen of them in pictures, never in real life, they are somewhat smaller than a modern sisal board and they are set up differently with the bull being lower and the oche being closer to the board.   You can also see the numbers ring is in a much different configuration that a standard sisal board.

That's all I've got.

I see...any particular reason you would use this instead of a regular board?
The Joker

(08-09-2020, 06:13 AM)YoungStarDC Wrote:

That's all I've got.

It's just one of the various regional boards in the UK - have a look here:

http://www.darts501.com/Manchester.html

And at the top of that link there is a dropdown for dartboards - click on that and you can look at the other variations

And according to that link it would appear that there is a shop in Oldham that sells them - Treble Darts & Trophies
(08-09-2020, 06:39 AM)mc1958 Wrote:

That's all I've got.

It's just one of the various regional boards in the UK - have a look here:

http://www.darts501.com/Manchester.html

And at the top of that link there is a dropdown for dartboards - click on that and you can look at the other variations

And according to that link it would appear that there is a shop in Oldham that sells them - Treble Darts & Trophies

Thanks, that clears things up a lot! Not a board for me personally but it has some charm!
The Joker

At Chads2478 do you play in a league or just on your own or with friends (out of curiosity).
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

That's all I've got.

It’s a regional board. Additionally what YoungStarDC wrote there is no trebles, the doubles are half the size and the board has to be kept wet to prevent it cracking. I don’t know wether it’s true, but I’ve been told Phil Taylor uses one to practice with.
(08-09-2020, 09:02 AM)Phil D Wrote: At Chads2478 do you play in a league or just on your own or with friends (out of curiosity).
Salford and Eccles Holt’s league on a Monday night. It’s more about the enjoyment, although no one likes to be on the losing side. We are now just waiting for a restart date after the last season was cancelled.
(08-09-2020, 01:30 PM)Chads2478 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 09:02 AM)Phil D Wrote: At Chads2478 do you play in a league or just on your own or with friends (out of curiosity).
Salford and Eccles Holt’s league on a Monday night. It’s more about the enjoyment, although no one likes to be on the losing side. We are now just waiting for a restart date after the last season was cancelled.

Yeah, leagues are cancelled all over.     I don't play league darts, and haven't since 2013 but I still head to the local bars when it is league night to get in some games with the players and hang around to watch some of the matches.     

I noticed a decline in attendance when this Covid stuff first started and then the bars were shut down due to the increase in cases.

League was suspended for a couple months and then they opened the bars again on a limited basis with less occupancy and that is when the local league reached out to teams for their feedback on returning to play.     Let's just say the response was abysmal at best with most who responded totally against it and for good reason with the bars being totally shut down again after being open for only a couple weeks  due to the sharp increase in positive testing.

Last I saw, they will try to open again sometime in September on a limited basis once again.     Looks like league darts is going to be taking about a year long hiatus in my area.
gumbo2176