Lost my grip
So, I have decided to get back into darts after a short break. Problem I got is that I can't seem to grip/throw the dart how I used to. In the transition of the arm going from backward to forward the dart slips/rolls. Not sure what to do. Do I look for another grip. I so want to get back into darts. I want to get back into my old team when thing resume. Any help/ideas . 

Thanks
What type of darts do you currently have? Also, do you feel there is a significant change in your throw since you started up again?
(08-08-2020, 04:09 PM)BullShot Wrote: What type of darts do you currently have? Also, do you feel there is a significant change in your throw since you started up again?

Hi. I'm currently using winmau interstellar bomb style 26g darts. This style of dart is the one that suits me best. I have tried other darts and have the same issue but don't throw them as Well.  I don't think my throwing action has changed.. I did try to grip the dart a bit tighter but doesn't feel right and the action doesn't feel right.
If you like your current darts and set up then I think you should push through it. I am sure given time you'll be gripping your darts in a way that suits you.
It's important not to put too much pressure on yourself to create the same standards you were at. It'll come back in time.
(08-18-2020, 09:52 PM)BullShot Wrote: If you like your current darts and set up then I think you should push through it. I am sure given time you'll be gripping your darts in a way that suits you.
It's important not to put too much pressure on yourself to create the same standards you were at. It'll come back in time.

Yes. That's was pretty much my thinking until the other night. I was having a bit of a practise session to try and sort the issue out and this Is what happened. I would have few ghost throws to get a feel for holding throwing the dart and all seemed good. Now, when it came to throwing at the board i noticed that in the transition to the arm going back to coming forward the dart would twist/drop in my hand which is the issue. When I practise now I'm trying to not let the fingers/thumb move or release grip pressure on the dart. I have had some good results with it. Just need to get where I don't have to think about it. Seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel has been a big positive .
I had a similar issue with the grip, but it turned out that had to do with my agressive razor grip deteriorating over time due to chipping. Not saying that my darts are now as smooth as Ted Hankey's, but the difference with a new set of the same darts was huge. I'm not sure if this issue has also occurred with you, you could simple check it by going to your local dart shop and try out the same dart brand new.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completely lost! Danny Giles 14 808 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Danny Giles
  Lost my throw, but found some perspective? wongerchi 12 1,223 07-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Papa w
  Lost my mojo ! steve1 7 828 04-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: steve1
  Lost grip for 2 weeks or so Dartsenzo 3 493 01-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Alex