Target Corona VS Unicorn Solar Flare Restrictive?
So been using the Corona for over a year now and the plug was going on it, so i thought i would try a different one so i went with the Unicorn Solar Flare everything is good with it etc... i really like it but the one thing i have noticed is the space between Doubles with it isnt that Great and sometimes the Flight will touch the Frame for me atm its quite off putting going for the doubles because your trying to avoid hitting the frame more than the double, is this something i just need to get used to, has anyone else got any opinions?.
I have this light and love it. It is quite tight to the board but that’s the reason I chose it. I can count on the fingers if one hand the times I’ve actually hit the light and I’m not a good player by any means. It is very durable as my brother (An even Crapper player than me) has hit it loads of times and it’s still going strong. I was quite conscious of its closeness to the doubles when I first got it but I quickly forgot about it. I think it’s a great light and aesthetically more pleasing than its rivals.
Darts: harrows black ice 24g or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:141
Best leg: 14
yea i like it more than the corona just got to get used to it being closer i guess
Not got the Unicorn light so can't comment on that, but I've had my Corona since they came out over 3 years ago and the plug is still fine on mine - although I have had to change the LEDs. If the plug has started going already, and you still have the unit, it may be worth contacting Target and seeing what they say as they may send you out a new plug.
After some use I’m getting use to it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The power supply went on my Carona and I contacted Target hoping they would send me a new one. They didn't, couldn't sell me one or direct me to anywhere that sold them. Had to buy a generic one but it has worked fine.
I've ordered Corona for a friend today. He had borrowed one when he played the streamed Czech Darts Premier League and he loved it.
Yea i suppose i could of done it was slightly bent as well so i fancied a new one i do like the Solar Flare Now to be fair, corona a fantastic product as well mind the new One80 one looks really good tho theres nothing around the board with that one
Update: I’ve give up and put the Corona Back up I just couldn’t hit D20, 5 and 1 with the Flare because it’s so restrictive around the board for me anyway.

I got the corona just after coronavirus kicked in, and i love it. I ended up giving the corona to my brother and another friend of mine as gifts - not the virus, the light thingy.

Overall, I really love it, i think it's a great product and really easy to put up/take down. if you don't have a permanent setup, like mine, that feature is super handy. Haven't had an issue with the build quality 6 months in.
I also think if you use a normal rubber surround, the Corona isnt noticeable and never in your eyeline whereas the flare is, because its so close to the edge of the board.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
Have the Solar flare and have really grow to enjoy it. It was necessary as the board is in a room with a very low ceiling. If you think it is close to the board edge, you should have seen my homemade light haha. We put many a dart through the plastic tubing it was made from.

I am assuming the original poster has a bit of an arc to his throw or his darts stand up a bit in the board. That would def be annoying and something to get used too. Thrown many times with a corona on the board at a friends place, it's a great lighting system in itself.
(08-13-2020, 05:53 PM)homergoalie Wrote: Have the Solar flare and have really grow to enjoy it. It was necessary as the board is in a room with a very low ceiling. If you think it is close to the board edge, you should have seen my homemade light haha. We put many a dart through the plastic tubing it was made from.

I am assuming the original poster has a bit of an arc to his throw or his darts stand up a bit in the board. That would def be annoying and something to get used too. Thrown many times with a corona on the board at a friends place, it's a great lighting system in itself.

I love the design but going from the corona to the flare it was off putting to me when going for tops etc... could be the way my darts land just did not think there was too much room

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unicorn solar flare lighting squerly 3 159 07-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Unicorn solar flare help! Fento 7 355 12-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Fento
  Solar flare lighting Chris Smith 3 295 08-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Target corona vision repair. Alec 2 1,528 09-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Target Corona Vision Lighting System Equalizer 10 1,528 01-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Question - Players Signed by Winmau, Unicorn, Target etc Stevieb91 5 1,302 11-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Darts pricing: Target vs. Unicorn vanJupp 2 991 04-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Berlin180