Online Dart Lessons
Still enjoying the journey only being 3 months into my darting life. Some improvements are naturally happening with practice, although I am a little worried that I may be developing habits that could be hard to break.

Has anyone here had dart lessons/coaching and has anyone done any one on one online lessons? If any have done online, who was this with as I may be keen to go down this route.
Started playing April 2020

Board - Winmau - Blade 5
Darts Currently  - Steve Beaton 22g (Designa short shafts, Pear flights) 

Best 501 game -  23 darts (haven't played much of 501 at the moment)
Number of 180s - 2020 = 2
Highest checkout - 94 (S18 - T20 - D8)
Not had any lessons myself, but I believe Matthew Edgar does online coaching sessions - not got a clue on the cost though
(07-26-2020, 08:56 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Not had any lessons myself, but I believe Matthew Edgar does online coaching sessions - not got a clue on the cost though
£100 and very good. Better than most golf tuition, and that is a well established industry
What does his lessons consist of? I assume also that isn't £200 per sssion?
(07-26-2020, 08:47 PM)DartCat Wrote: Still enjoying the journey only being 3 months into my darting life. Some improvements are naturally happening with practice, although I am a little worried that I may be developing habits that could be hard to break.

Has anyone here had dart lessons/coaching and has anyone done any one on one online lessons? If any have done online, who was this with as I may be keen to go down this route.

Check out my post — https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=40467 — Dax has a few more articles on A-Z ..  https://www.a-zdarts.com/blog/category/dax-munna/ - I have had one online session so far with Dax and I have to say it was excellent.  The things I thought were my problem, he said I was doing okay, but he caught something I didn't realize at all - and none of my teammates ever mentioned in years of play - that was quite significant.  I am having to learn some new habits so taking it slow, but I have no doubt with a few more sessions I will achieve my goal of raising my 501 average by 10 points.  He charges $50 USD per online session, which includes, you sending him a video, him reviewing it on his own, then an online session where you review the video together.  You can contact him via FB - DAX Munna.
(07-27-2020, 02:47 PM)BullShot Wrote: What does his lessons consist of? I assume also that isn't  £200 per sssion?
Face to face or online discussion, throw analysis and improvement, general coaching on all aspects such as mental, preparation, strategy during games. Provision of a focused practice plan.  It's an all round good coaching session. 

I corrected the session price in my post. It cost $200 Australian, only £100.  I know some will balk at it but it's comparable to getting golf coaching and he is a top pro with qualifications in sports coaching. There may be cheaper options out there but do they have the background to underpin what they are coaching and do they provide the same comprehensive package.
Sounds good. I emailed Edgar but haven’t got a reply yet. I’m quite intrigued by the idea of having a lesson from a pro!
(07-27-2020, 11:10 PM)Ed180 Wrote: Sounds good. I emailed Edgar but haven’t got a reply yet. I’m quite intrigued by the idea of having a lesson from a pro!
It's worth it. I really enjoyed the experience. Very professional and enjoyable
Thanks for your help guys and I will definitely look into one of those options.
Started playing April 2020

Board - Winmau - Blade 5
Darts Currently  - Steve Beaton 22g (Designa short shafts, Pear flights) 

Best 501 game -  23 darts (haven't played much of 501 at the moment)
Number of 180s - 2020 = 2
Highest checkout - 94 (S18 - T20 - D8)
I get my coaching from Boris Koltsov - I send him videos of me playing ,and he says how much I suck
180-0(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]