new darts i'd not seen before
Hi guys,i bought some darts of fleabay, the seller said they were a dart players dart but forgot who's,i could just make out the name when i had the photo enlarged up on the PC . they were unicorn Laura Tye, but nothing like the ones in the unicorn reference books (but they don't cover every year),does anyone have any info when they changed to this shape? they are 24g and a nice balanced dart,good to throw too.
[Image: 8FQqWyX.jpg][Image: UNGNDEV.jpg]
Could well be laura tye darts
Nice looking set - I would guess they changed around 2011/12 or thereabouts
(07-23-2020, 06:02 PM)kamikersie Wrote: Could well be laura tye darts
yes thats what i said in my post,just wondering if anyone had any info when they changed.
Laura Tye has a Twitter account, but there are no new tweets past 2014. However, there were these two interesting tweets from 2012:

laura tye
@thedragontye55
Hi unicorn do u have any of laura tye darts the first ones that she played with?
9:03 AM · Nov 19, 2012

laura tye
@thedragontye55
I am after the first ones I ever played with. The un- tapered ones I am after please can sum one let me know if any on is selling them asap
9:03 AM · Nov 19, 2012

Since the circa 2010 Unicorn darts were straight barreled (i.e., "un-tapered"), that seems to indicate that sithlord's darts are phase 2 Laura Tye darts.
Sounds like my 2011/12 guess was pretty good judging by those tweets.

As an aside I think this is her current twitter account, although no tweets since the end of last year

https://twitter.com/lauratye2
(07-23-2020, 06:12 PM)sithlord Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 06:02 PM)kamikersie Wrote: Could well be laura tye darts
yes thats what i said in my post,just wondering if anyone had any info when they changed.

Sorry I didn't read it properly ?
Laura Tye phase 2 ,and they changed to this roughly 2011-12,  well thats cleared that up for me thanks guys,i had a set of the original ones too but they went on fleabay long time ago, i just wish unicorn would put more of the missing book years on for us to look at.  cheers everyone