Most grippy dart ever!
After watching the review on the harrows paragon i bought a set as I have done after many of the reviews. Actually only bout about 2 sets I did not see reviewed first. I have bought a lot of darts to try to get the right level of grip. I have tried razor grip, double ringed, mega grip, and I will have to say if you are looking for a set of darts with a high level of grip these are the most grippy I have ever tried. With the other darts I still had to use some type of grip cream or rosin pad to keep a clean grip. With these I almost need to dunk my hand in olive oil before I throw! Hit my first 180 and 177 last night in matches after struggling with the darts sticking to my fingers. When I realized I needed to go the opposite direction to throw well they work great and I don’t need anything for grip and it stayed consistent the whole match. 

What is the highest grip level dart you have tried?
 Maximums: 2020  117. Highest checkout: 140 against a person. Best leg 14 darts! Darts  too many either designa( several models), Winmau Steve Beaton. Pentathalon bombers, harrows paragon and  atomic.  Highest single leg average 117 and lost lol! Normal average:50-60 but if I can’t buy a double I am perfectly capable of a 40 average.
Cosmo Mickey Mansell's for me - great darts
For me and my way of holding the dart, the grippiest one I have tried is the Harrows Atomic. I can't really imagine how a barrel could be grippier without being sticky.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=19141
Currently throwing: Customized Harrows Atomic Parallel
Skill level: Pitiful
Probably red dragon javelins, the grip is ferocious on those.

On their site they are listed as a 4, but, that must be with a maximum grip of 5 (I assume).
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
The Mission Quadrant range will not move one mm in your fingers once you gripped them, a hell of a lot tiny edges will cling to your skin.
Paragons for me, they are a fantastic set of darts which I love to use. The grip works well for me, I don't have any rationale as to why it suits me. Paragons just feel great between my fingers and boosts my confidence.

looking forward to playing with a pal when lockdown rises.
Either Harrows Atomic, Winmau Sniper 23g, or Red Dragon Scorpions.

However, only the latter 2 stay grippy. The Harrows lose their extreme grip after a while and will just feel a little more grippy than ordinary wide ringed darts suich as Showtime Premier.

The most grippy darts are most likely to have an irregular shape with nooks and crannies coupled with an aggressive grip such as razor grip.
Old Red Dragon Lorraine's and Shot! Ronin Makoto's stay super locked down with the very lightest of grips.
Winmau Tuscans have a silly amount of grip too. - If these had some custom lateral grooves cut into them... they would take the grip level to 11 or 12 out of 10 for sure.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
I'd have to say Target Duzzas. Those deep, closely packed, sharply cut rings feel like they're cutting into my fingers.
(06-29-2020, 03:25 PM)Andreas Wrote: For me and my way of holding the dart, the grippiest one I have tried is the Harrows Atomic. I can't really imagine how a barrel could be grippier without being sticky.
I have both the Atomic and paragon and the paragon is way more grippy.
 Maximums: 2020  117. Highest checkout: 140 against a person. Best leg 14 darts! Darts  too many either designa( several models), Winmau Steve Beaton. Pentathalon bombers, harrows paragon and  atomic.  Highest single leg average 117 and lost lol! Normal average:50-60 but if I can’t buy a double I am perfectly capable of a 40 average.
(06-29-2020, 06:19 PM)Fox1988 Wrote: Paragons for me, they are a fantastic set of darts which I love to use. The grip works well for me, I don't have any rationale as to why it suits me. Paragons just feel great between my fingers and boosts my confidence.

looking forward to playing with a pal when lockdown rises.
I feel the same now, got them about 4 days ago and just now think they may be just the right everything for me. The barrel seem to fit very well and I am more comfortable throwing a 6.8 to 7 mm wide barrels. Stinks I bought so many skinny barrels in the until i figured it out
(06-29-2020, 06:31 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Either Harrows Atomic, Winmau Sniper 23g, or Red Dragon Scorpions.

However, only the latter 2 stay grippy. The Harrows lose their extreme grip after a while and will just feel a little more grippy than ordinary wide ringed darts suich as Showtime Premier.

The most grippy darts are most likely to have an irregular shape with nooks and crannies coupled with an aggressive grip such as razor grip.

Man those red dragons look good. Thant will be my next shape to try for sure.
Thats the only bad thing about darts. In my area no shops so the only way to try something is buy it. It would be so nice to have a proshop like they do for golf clubs to demo different darts and weights. I has cost a good bit of money to figure out that works but now I know.
(06-29-2020, 07:48 PM)Danblacksher Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:25 PM)Andreas Wrote: For me and my way of holding the dart, the grippiest one I have tried is the Harrows Atomic. I can't really imagine how a barrel could be grippier without being sticky.
I have both the Atomic and paragon and the paragon is way more grippy.
Interesting. I have never tried the Paragons, and I don't see how they could be grippier but since you have both I will happily take your word for it.
Too bad the Paragons, just like about every other straight barrel, are WAY too long for me.
Currently throwing: Customized Harrows Atomic Parallel
Skill level: Pitiful
Yep I am hit or miss with them either throw great or terrible no in between. Love the feel of them, but still struggling to get use to that much grip. Going to try some odd shapes next just can’t find the perfect ones. So the search continues but for me that’s part of the fun.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice looking grippy darts Ed180 3 310 08-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Ed180
  Phase 5 with grippy nose? JayKay 8 1,337 10-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: dave2604
  Looking for a Grippy Dart darthdunham 19 4,879 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Fred-180