Target Paul Lim Gen 3 23g Swiss Point Limited Edition Review
Hey fellow Nutz! Today I’ll be reviewing quite a special set of darts: Target’s Paul Lim Generation 3 SP in 23g. There’ll be a lot of pictures in this one, so be ready! 

What is it?
This dart was released in Asia only as part of a limited edition range of darts that are outfitted with Swiss Points. That’s not the only difference, however. Compared to Paul Lim’s regular Generation 3 dart, it also has a different rear grip and is quite a bit heavier with the original being 21g.

For those wondering, I’ve imported them through the Rakuten Global Market, which has since closed unfortunately.

Packaging
The darts come in a beautiful looking small box. The front features a little window through which you can see a single barrel, as well as beautiful, high quality and sharp imagery of Paul Lim. There’s a flap that when opened reveals the full window into the packaging. It’s all very well presented and in similar fashion to other Target Japan darts, like Mikuru Suzuki’s.

Its eye catching and I like it a lot.

[Image: l3HbyPT.jpg]

[Image: hVnFm4c.jpg]

[Image: CsAC5Gu.jpg]

Dimensions and balance
The barrel has a length of 52mm and the maximum diameter is 7.0mm. They are fitted with 30mm Swiss Fire points and the balance as set up lies in the center, just about on the small shark grip section.

Look and feel
This dart may quite well be the most beautiful dart I’ve ever owned, but I think the Phil Taylor Legacy dart edges it out slightly.

The rear features Target’s Trapezoidal grip that is also found on the Daytona GT range with a black coating. 

It transitions over into the middle section with a single shark grip ring. After that, you have a smooth gold colored section and a gold colored grooved ring.

Finally, the barrel tapers into the nose which has 5 grooved and gold colored rings at the front.

It’s a stunning combination which is much better put into pictures than words, so here they come!

[Image: b3EeAaf.jpg]

[Image: WKWjwkJ.jpg]

[Image: Goj0cL0.jpg]

[Image: syRlERG.jpg]

[Image: tioahN3.jpg]

[Image: bmgXF7F.jpg]

[Image: n2nUWuK.jpg]

[Image: t05dEvx.jpg]

[Image: dccSIEG.jpg]

Grip rating and suitability
For testing, I used my own setup, which is a standard Mission Matte flight and an in between nylon shaft. The points I used were the supplied 30mm Swiss Fire Points, as I use these in my main darts of choice as well.

[Image: oUZdRyJ.jpg]

The grip on the rear is fantastic. It has a nice grippy feel without sticking in the hand upon release. The grip section is also long enough to cover my entire fingers, which I greatly appreciate as it feels uniform. Since I’m a mid to rear gripper, I often have most success there and this was no exception. The darts flew through the air very smoothly and landed in my regular angle. I hit my first 180 with them on just my third throw. I’d rate the grip on the rear a 7/10.

Don't worry, a new Blade 5 will be here soon!  Wink

[Image: KQ84cg5.jpg]

[Image: 3zdUj1x.jpg]

[Image: H5oj2Go.jpg]

[Image: BS5Syzc.jpg]

[Image: VBq9i3h.jpg]

From the middle, it flew almost just as well when gripping the small shark grip section. Gripping the smooth bit was hit or miss and greatly depended on how good my release was. If my release wasn’t great, they fishtailed quite a bit. If the release was clean, they felt very zippy and accurate from there. I’d rate the grip in the middle a 3/10 for the smooth section and a 6/10 for the small shark section.

I’m no good from the front with any dart and thus I didn’t do well with these either. That being said, the rings on the nose are grippy so it should work well for a natural front gripper. I’d rate the grip on the front a 6/10.

[Image: 7BOIHKi.jpg]

[Image: dBeduE2.jpg]

[Image: Uko32eo.jpg]

Value
They retail in Asia for approximately 14.055 Yen, which equals 117 euro’s or 106 GBP. That’s quite expensive, but in line with other Target Japan darts like the Suzuki’s.

Since they are made in a limited run, these are a bit better value. I had a hard time finding these in stock in online stores in Asia that shipped to Europe and I searched for a long time.

What complicates this, however, is the fact that shipping, import and customs fees have to be paid when importing them. This brought the total price up to a whopping 180 GBP.

If, like me, you see them as a collector’s item and something that will look neat behind glass, then that adds a bit to the value. I’d say without all the fees, value rating is about a 5/10. However, adding all the fees on top I’d have to say it’s just a 2/10.

Conclusion
The Paul Lim G3 Swiss Point is a stunning set of darts. It’s suitable for any style of grip and looks absolutely amazing. It differs from the original in a few key aspects, which could make it better or worse depending on your preferences.

For example, I prefer the 21g weight of the original, but the rear grip and inclusion of Swiss Points on this edition tilt it more towards it being my favorite.

In any case, they are very enjoyable to throw and I think anyone could get on with these very decently!

The price on these when imported, and even just at MSRP, is sky high, which is the biggest problem. I’ve already sold this set as of writing, because I want to try the other Swiss Point sets in this range as well, and spending this amount of money about 8 times is not really justifiable.

I hope you enjoyed this special review and the pictures. For me, it’s on to the next one!
The Joker

[Image: VllXVYH.png]

MIKURU G2 "THE MIRACLE" SP

Thanks for the review, added to reviewed darts index.
Beautiful darts, pics and review +1
Total enjoyment in the review department. Well done and since I have always loved and own several Lim's this was spot on for me.
+1 for your effort
Expensive but what a story and adventure for them just to get all the way from the orient during the pandemic and safe, where they belong - stuck in a dart board, silently reminding you of how much they set you back in British Pounds Sterling.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(06-29-2020, 02:11 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Thanks for the review, added to reviewed darts index.

Glad to contribute! Smile

(06-29-2020, 02:17 PM)Cateye Wrote: Beautiful darts, pics and review +1

Glad you enjoyed it! Smile 

(06-29-2020, 02:41 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Total enjoyment in the review department. Well done and since I have always loved and own several Lim's this was spot on for me.
+1 for your effort

Very happy to hear you enjoyed it. Lim is a special player and one of my favorites. Definitely hope to see him back at the WC! 

(06-29-2020, 02:58 PM)Ryk Wrote: Expensive but what a story and adventure for them just to get all the way from the orient during the pandemic and safe, where they belong -  stuck in a dart board, silently reminding you of how much they set you back in British Pounds Sterling.

They definitely made quite a trip and they hit me where it hurts, right in the wallet!  Big Grin
The Joker

Well done, I'm looking forward to your next review!
(06-30-2020, 08:42 PM)Wowbagger Wrote: Well done, I'm looking forward to your next review!

I'm happy to hear it!  Big Grin
The Joker

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Bolide 02 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 22 825 07-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Target Carrera Darts Review C3 23g Getagrip 25 35,299 05-15-2020, 01:08 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Target Bolide SP05 24g - Review Molrix 18 807 05-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: TUGBOAT180
  Target Bolide 01 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 34 1,356 05-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Target Bolide SP 04 Darts Review Getagrip 5 486 04-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Swiss Point Review (Includes SP01 & Phil Taylor Gen 6) vanJupp 17 3,142 04-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Vancooln21
  Target Carrera V-Stream V2 21g Review Ivefoundgod 6 297 03-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review Getagrip 12 13,179 02-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: OAKZER
  Target Carrera C12 22g darts review Getagrip 41 16,621 02-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Ryk
  Winmau Paul Nicholson 24g darts review Getagrip 31 44,797 01-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Ivefoundgod