Designa Staminas - Modified!!!
Well!!! I had these stamina’s for a month or two. I thought the lateral cuts would offer a bit more grip , they didn’t offer too much,
However I could throw them very well, I could tell they we’re a style I like and had fun throwing , but they needed more grip at the front .

I sourced a local maching shop,and they said drop it by. I provided them with a piece frommthe internet thst describes best methods for machining tungsten darts . All in machining lingo. Meant nothing to me,
Wether he read it I don’t know.

Either way, he drew 4 lines with a perm marker and asked if that’s where I wanted . I said yes that would be perfect!

Anyhow! Here is before and after.
THe original lateral lines Contrast very well with the new radial grooves.
I will weigh them too to see what I lost. He suggested I may not even have lost a 20th of a gram. Wether entire set or all three
I was very impressed ....now just to recount them and give them a throw and hope for the best.
[Image: yiG6ZLJ.jpg]
[Image: nCNV8Bm.jpg]
Wow nice work done, glad you found someone to mod them for you
(06-10-2020, 06:21 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Wow nice work done, glad you found someone to mod them for you

Thanks , I will pass it on to them my next trip.

here Is the setup, the previous pics don’t do justice without point and set up.

[Image: TGEJlG5.jpg]
[Image: XBTnDwY.jpg]

Yes i know, some gold storm points or whatever would look sweet, this is all, i have for now . I am beyond happy. Two queens for the mod Wink
He's done a good job with those - look much better now
No. Looks bad - undo undo.. ctrl-z ctrl-z -

Just kidding - they look very purposeful at the front now.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
They look great !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(06-10-2020, 07:37 PM)Ryk Wrote: No. Looks bad - undo undo.. ctrl-z ctrl-z  -

Just kidding - they look very purposeful at the front now.

Ha ha!
I like The mod and original , but I’m a middle / front gripper.

I could throw them the original way and loved the original look but I knew If if I had some more feelers at the front I would use them a lot more and with a purpose to practice with them,  not just for fun!

The mod cuts  are not very deep at all. Very very shallow. I think I needed them a bit further back and less wide of a space.

but it was my first time modifying anything and first time machinist doing anything for me.....I imagine he is very skilled as it’s his lively-hood. I suppose he did this just out of curiosity!

I will defintily use him again, and bring him other darts with specific grip I am after to see if he can achieve it.

Lol he was surprised by how easily I was impressed by his work . You don’t feel the lateral cut at the front liken on quadrants, you can barely feel the mod, it’s like a 2/10 grip lol.

going to weigh them soon to see what was lost.

i think i may change trades and ask If I can start working there LOL

[Image: n8RwlHp.jpg]
[Image: csqlCvV.jpg]
[Image: 2u1zseB.jpg] 

[Image: I9AkOQs.jpg]
Sweet mod! :-)
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(06-10-2020, 07:58 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote: They look great !!!

Thank you, i think so as well. They are perfect for my first experimentation with mods

and I lost a .5g per barrel. They we’re 22g with point beforehand, as provided by Designa.
[Image: XQd4yBp.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COST EFFECTIVE MODIFIED ?, YOU DECIDE ChrisTheFish 18 653 06-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish