Playing in glasses
So i wear glasses,ive found recently that every 5 minutes or so my glasses slide down my nose slightly so obviously in turn it affects my sight(in the way im looking at the board)when they have dropped i find myself tilting my head backwards slightly to adjust,the easy answer is to push them up on way back from board after every throw but when im ‘the zone’ and playing a match etc i forget,i can be really in the groove and then for 2 or 3 throws i find myself spraying darts into the 1 or 5 more then push glasses up and normal service is resumed ,anybody else find this problem if so how do you deal with it?also is there anything anyone does in between each throw and can you just train yourself so it comes naturally without thinking about it?
Have you given contacts a thought as an alternative? I wear glasses and they are bifocals, so the line of sight is greatly skewed from the top to the bottom of the lens. My glasses will also slip some when playing but I make it a point to always make sure they are where I find them most comfortable and conducive to having a good line of sight before throwing.

Tilting you head to accomplish this is, in my opinion, a very negative thing to do. Your line of sight you are comfortable with is now skewed and you are looking at our target with a different angle.

If contacts are not an option and you can't remember to adjust the glasses between throws, why not use one of those straps that attach to the back of the piece that goes over the ear and loops around the back of your head. You can adjust that to hold the glasses firmly while throwing and loosen it to be more comfortable when not playing.
gumbo2176
(06-03-2020, 09:23 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Have you given contacts a thought as an alternative?    I wear glasses and they are bifocals, so the line of sight is greatly skewed from the top to the bottom of the lens.    My glasses will also slip some when playing but I make it a point to always make sure they are where I find them most comfortable and conducive to having a good line of sight before throwing.

Tilting you head to accomplish this is, in my opinion, a very negative thing to do.    Your line of sight you are comfortable with is now skewed and you are looking at our target with a different angle.

If contacts are not an option and you can't remember to adjust the glasses between throws, why not use one of those straps that attach to the back of the piece that goes over the ear and loops around the back of your head.    You can adjust that to hold the glasses firmly while throwing and loosen it to be more comfortable when not playing.
Contacts not an option i have tried cant take to them but the option of a strap I haven’t thought of so definitely going to try that thanks
Contacts didn't work for me either since I not only need bifocal lenses, I also have an astigmatism in my left eye.

It too was a short-lived experiment that lasted one week.     I had no issue putting them in and taking them out, but couldn't get use to the mono-vision they set me up with.
Tbf I’ve been playing with my glasses off recently I do prefer it that way but in reality I should probably play with them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just do what gumbo does, before each throw.

Also, a bit like Davies though, I have a habit of practicing in the house without my glasses as I also prefer it but it’s really not a good thing to do in the long run, as in league I have to wear glasses to see the scores and obviously it is much more important to know exactly where each dart is.

Trouble is with me, I only wear glasses for distance. Driving mainly so I don’t really like wearing them and I’m very aware they’re there.

Something I constantly battle with. Lol.

Things was so much easier before I had to wear them.
Strap will help downside if it's to tight and you get hot the lenses will fog up, you can add something none slip to the nose pieces which may work or the old push them up before you shoot
(06-03-2020, 10:07 PM)DAVEISTHENAME Wrote: Tbf I’ve been playing with my glasses off recently I do prefer it that way but in reality I should probably play with them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not even an option for me.   My eyes, over the years have gotten so skewed that when I take off my glasses all I see is a round object with blurred segments and no real definition on the treble and double beds.
gumbo2176
(06-03-2020, 09:09 PM)Leighd89 Wrote: So i wear glasses,ive found recently that every 5 minutes or so my glasses slide down my nose slightly so obviously in turn it affects my sight(in the way im looking at the board)when they have dropped i find myself tilting my head backwards slightly to adjust,the easy answer is to push them up on way back from board after every throw but when im ‘the zone’ and playing a match etc i forget,i can be really in the groove and then for 2 or 3 throws i find myself spraying darts into the 1 or 5 more then push glasses up and normal service is resumed ,anybody else find this problem if so how do you deal with it?also is there anything anyone does in between each throw and can you just train yourself so it comes naturally without thinking about it?

Have you tried something like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfortable-Silicone-Anti-Slip-Accessories-Eyeglass/dp/B00ZO9MFKK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1SGMIXFQT5UBA&dchild=1&keywords=eyeglass+accessories&qid=1591225059&sprefix=eyeglass+a%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-6

There are several different types available depending on which style eyeglasses you wear.
(06-03-2020, 11:58 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Strap will help downside if it's to tight and you get hot the lenses will fog up, you can add something none slip to the nose pieces which may work or the old push them up before you shoot
Get what you are saying as im naturally a hot person so may cause a problem so again something to think about thanks
(06-04-2020, 12:01 AM)bkbum Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 09:09 PM)Leighd89 Wrote: So i wear glasses,ive found recently that every 5 minutes or so my glasses slide down my nose slightly so obviously in turn it affects my sight(in the way im looking at the board)when they have dropped i find myself tilting my head backwards slightly to adjust,the easy answer is to push them up on way back from board after every throw but when im ‘the zone’ and playing a match etc i forget,i can be really in the groove and then for 2 or 3 throws i find myself spraying darts into the 1 or 5 more then push glasses up and normal service is resumed ,anybody else find this problem if so how do you deal with it?also is there anything anyone does in between each throw and can you just train yourself so it comes naturally without thinking about it?

Have you tried something like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfortable-Silicone-Anti-Slip-Accessories-Eyeglass/dp/B00ZO9MFKK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1SGMIXFQT5UBA&dchild=1&keywords=eyeglass+accessories&qid=1591225059&sprefix=eyeglass+a%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-6

There are several different types available depending on which style eyeglasses you wear.
Never even seen these before so thanks,got a few options to try out and see how i go
Adjusting my glasses has just become part of my pre-throw routine.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
something i've never given much thought too tbh,just adjust them when needed second nature now
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
I wear glasses and it’s something I’m used to. You could try putting something like that grip wax either side of your nose. It might help?
Darts: harrows black ice 24g or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:141
Best leg: 14
Sounds like the issue is with the fit of your glasses. Get some which are properly sized and adjusted and the issue goes away

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playing on your own v Playing against an opponent Dan180 6 347 02-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Dan180