Shiny fingers
Hi I am a baker and have had my hands in and out of a hot over for 1 6 years ,my thumb and fingers have gone smooth ,do you think grip powder or wax would help
(05-30-2020, 03:52 PM)Beetlejuice170 Wrote: Hi I am a baker and have had my hands in and out of a hot over for 1 6 years ,my thumb and fingers have gone smooth ,do you think grip powder or wax would help

It could help, you need to try different things, see what works for you.  Also, the type of grip on the dart itself, maybe even a scalloped dart.  You will need to be a bit of an experimenter, see what works for you.
I am not sure, I have contact dermatitis on my hands from repeated hand washing and detergents (linked to my old job).

It might possibly help, but, you might be stuck with using them, once you start, as part of your darts routine.

My own finger tips seem quite oily, even though my palms are very dry (sometimes I get an odd dart slipping (ie) the odd wonky dart, due, to them slipping, slightly, during the throw, more so, with smooth darts, I can usually tell, when that happens even before it hits the board). I tend to live with it, so, as not to overly change my throw, because, for me darts is mostly about finger tip feel.

An emollient might also, help, but, might also eventually become part of your routine (a bit of a guess, but, I expect flour and water might dry hands out, due, to leeching oils).

It might be worth trying a variety of different dart grips, as well. I think, I would probably go that route first, especially, if your hands arent causing you any other problems (I have previously been prescribed an emollient for mine, due, to having cracked skin). Because, it might mean adding extra complication and / or could alter your feel / throw.

I think everyones throw is different, but, needs to be consistant in order to improve, or, even to remain the same, due, to that reason, what ever you do may well become a permanent change, if it works for you.

The best way to find out, is probably by trial and error and by trying to not introduce things, you dont want to stick with (on a permanent basis (ie) try and keep things as simple as possible) and probably just make one change at a time.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
My finger tips are smooth you can hardly see a print on them I just put some sinex navel spray on my finger tips just now and got my darts out and the grip was amazing I do not know why I will have to set my board up tomorrow and see how it goes
John lowe in one of his video clips mentions licking his fingers, to improve his grip.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
(05-30-2020, 05:23 PM)Beetlejuice170 Wrote: My finger tips are smooth you can hardly see a print on them I just put some sinex navel spray on my finger tips just now and got my darts out and the grip was amazing I do not know why I will have to set my board up tomorrow and see how it goes
There's all kinds of grip wax and rosin bags some people use to increase grip on the dart.

As for me, my go-to is a product called O'Keefe's Working Hands Cream.      I get it at any paint store or big box store and I'm sure you could find it at most drug stores too.

It goes on like any hand cream but as it dries it really improves my grip by not drying oily, but doing so to leave a tacky feel on my fingers.     The only downside I have found is if you're drinking a drink and there's condensation on the glass or bottle, it will make it feel slick again until it dries.
gumbo2176
It seems that a few of us have a similar problem then, in essence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fingers wrapped around point Ed180 11 391 01-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Grips,fingers or pads Baloos 15 956 03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Fingers all point to the right at the end of my throw Robert Booth 15 720 01-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Great White North
Sad Overactive fingers Duradrinx 3 477 08-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Duradrinx