Flight colours
Does anyone find they throw better with certain flight colours?maybe better with lighter colours or darker colours or a specific colour
Moved to Equipment Chat - Flights.

cheers...
(05-15-2020, 11:06 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Moved to Equipment Chat - Flights.

cheers...
Didn’t see this section,thanks
My go to colour for flights is aqua, when I have flights with colours which are on the board, I tend to choose ones which stand out a bit against the back ground (ie) the board, so, I tend to go for flights with colours not on the board, or, which can be easily seen, usually with other colours in the design. 

I tend to "Not" go for, all black, white or red, for example.

For me, it makes it easier to see what I have actually hit.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
I prefer a flight that is predominantly black. Though that is for purely an aesthetic reason. In my league some people are not impressed by ‘loud’ flights. I don’t think it makes any difference whatsoever
Darts: harrows black ice 24g or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:141
Best leg: 14
I tend to go for something bright - Yellow is my current go to.
Blue, or something light with blue.
not really sure I throw better with them, but I generally use black stems with predominantly black flights with my avatar logo in white
I like plain tungsten barrels so stems and flights are where I pretty things up a bit.

I don't think I throw them any better, but I do like nice, bright, bold colours on my flights.
[Image: 5GPKrWp.png]

B: 25g   S: Medium   F: Standard   180s: 1/25
I use black flights as they tend to blend in with the board and are almost invisible when you throw the next darts(assuming you are shooting at the 20 of course)

Best finish 170
Best game 10 darts(4 times)
Best result 2015 Calgary open runner up
2015 Las Vegas Open semi finals in blind draw
2018 main event saskatoon runner up
2019 Alberta Masters games Silver medal
Not really sure if a certain color would help my throw, I just tend to use flights that I think look cool with the darts.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Black or white flight for pure aestethic reasons. Have an exception for my Gen 2 duzzas which have red flights to match the red details on the barrel. Can’t throw them though but they do look good in the drawer...
GAME ON SINCE JAN 2020
[Image: J2cN4ka.png]
Maximums: 5 Highest checkout: 132 [SB-T19-Bull] Best leg: 20 darts
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 
501nm - is the only wavelength I want to see from my dart flights.
(sort of a blue/green sparkling cyanide colour)
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(05-16-2020, 07:08 PM)Ryk Wrote: 501nm - is the only wavelength I want to see from my dart flights.
(sort of a blue/green sparkling cyanide colour)

That is great answer.
I’ve had a 30yr carrier thanks to 365nm, 405nm, 436nm and now 13.5nm.
Always preferred darker flights but don't mind a flash of colour if its not too bright / shiny. I really like these Target Vision Ultra '3 fin' flights:

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=16376

I've had these in a few colours. You can't really tell from the pics but they're transparent and the coloured parts are quite subtle. I'm using up some leftovers from freebie packs, but will restock with some of these in various colours before long. This black / graphite is one I like a lot.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=16380

I do prefer transparent to solid colours. Not keen on loud flights, union jacks, busy graphics, etc. I tried some white flights once and didn't like them at all.

I also like these black to clear 'Fade' Target flights

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=12462

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 449 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF