Flight punch
So getting really tired of my o rings slipping down shafts as its taking about 5minutes every time,does anyone use a flight punch?and do they work well?thanks in advance
Used one for about four years. They definitely make a difference. They don't completely stop the flight coming off and sometimes your flight still comes off when taking your dart out the board but it happens way less with a punched flight. I get a lot of robin hoods though. But the difference is really noticeable. I will always punch my flights. It's way less bending down.

As far as the ring sliding down the stem, I think that would be impossible if you punched your flights. If it happened it would mean the flight is broken. I think it's a very good purchase personally.
180s - 500+
Best Leg - 13 Darts
Darts - Red Dragon Rebel - 23g
Board - One80 G3+
I use one and they work great for keeping the flights on the darts and helping cut down on the number of Robin Hoods.
gumbo2176
Use it or lose it I say. Once the rings get worn they do split and then the flights will pop off. Ti rings work a lot better IMO. Also, with punched flights I find that the stem may be split and the rings hold it together which will make the flight pop off. Still it's a pretty good tool, punching that is
Well worth the small outlay, it's significantly reduced the amount of shafts I break and stops the flights popping off.
The shafts will wear out eventually but they last an awful lot longer!
I joined this forum only because I had the same problem. I bought a mission flight punch and it certainly holds the flights on very well. I haven’t had a flight come off since. In retrospect I probably should have bought the target one as I’ve been led to believe it’s better quality, or, if you will be doing a load of flights the heavy duty bulls one. When my mission one breaks I will get the bulls one.
Darts: harrows black ice 24g or designa dark thunder 24g
Stems: harrows supergrip 
Flights: harrows marathon
Board: blade 5
Lighting: unicorn solar flare
Highest out:141
Best leg: 14
They definitely work. They will save flights popping off and they will protect your stems from blowing apart a bit on robin hood's to keep them usable for a bit longer.

Flip side I found was because the flight didn't pop off it could cause a major change in direction of the next dart resulting in missing good scores.

I've stopped using them at the minute, just personal preference.
[Image: lMaqREa.png]
I think the trade off for more chance of robin hoods to not constantly picking flights up is certainly worth it.

It also stops me changing flights too much also, buts that is just my OCD kicking in Big Grin
Thanks guys enough been said for me to be ordering one tonight
(05-15-2020, 09:09 AM)Hazza Wrote: They definitely work. They will save flights popping off and they will protect your stems from blowing apart a bit on robin hood's to keep them usable for a bit longer.

Flip side I found was because the flight didn't pop off it could cause a major change in direction of the next dart resulting in missing good scores.

I've stopped using them at the minute, just personal preference.
I liked the fact I wasnt having so many flights fall off but got many more times the dart failed to stay in the board after a flight hitting another dart ,but when a flight pops off the dart makes the board with maybe a deflection.I
now use slik stiks and the flight doesnt fall out so often but will if the contact makes it