Have a look at my throw
Hey hey,

Nothing overly wrong that I know of, was reading cats post and just trying to get the fundamentals right. I know you can't see my stance but how does the aim look. Pretty sure I hit 60 or a ton on this go. 

Welcome any comments. 

[Image: lMaqREa.png]
Hi,
you're moving your elbow up and your shoulder a bit forward when you reach the farthest point of your pullback.
This leads to a drop down of your elbow when you accelerate the dart.
I would try to push the shoulder a bit more forward before you start the pullback and reduce your pullback movement overall.
(The elbows should move up in the acceleration phase and never down until you finished the follow-through)
(05-13-2020, 12:40 PM)Hazza Wrote: Hey hey,

Nothing overly wrong that I know of, was reading cats post and just trying to get the fundamentals right. I know you can't see my stance but how does the aim look. Pretty sure I hit 60 or a ton on this go. 

Welcome any comments. 

(05-13-2020, 01:12 PM)Cateye Wrote: Hi,
you're moving your elbow up and your shoulder a bit forward when you reach the farthest point of your pullback.
This leads to a drop down of your elbow when you accelerate the dart.
I would try to push the shoulder a bit more forward before you start the pullback and reduce your pullback movement overall.
(The elbows should move up in the acceleration phase and never down until you finished the follow-through)

Hazza, this is EXACTLY what I've been struggling with for the last several weeks! I caught it when I videotaped my own throw. So, you're not alone!

Good catch Cateye!
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
Ok, I'm not sure how I move my shoulder forwards, other than to lean forwards
(05-13-2020, 01:19 PM)Hazza Wrote: Ok, I'm not sure how I move my shoulder forwards, other than to lean forwards

I'm pretty sure you can move your shoulder solitary Smile
Put your left hand on your right breast muscle and then move your elbow forward and back, this will surely move your shoulder too.
You will notice your breast muscle working/tense to move the shoulder forward and relaxing when the shoulder moves back.
Just focus on a moment when your breast muscle is tense and the position of your shoulder.
Try this shoulder position as start for your throw.
After some throws try to get the tension out of your breast muscle but leave the shoulder (and elbow) pointing forward.

Edit:
OK just saw the second vid, it seems to be a little trickier and I have to speculate a bit.
Could it be that you're thinking to much in "throw a straight line" than to throw in a parabolic curved way?
Your pullback is first a straight line parallel to the floor before your the dart follows the parabolic curve.
Since a pullback leads normally a curved movement of the darts that means that you put some effort in it to keep the dart parallel to the floor.
(05-13-2020, 01:19 PM)Hazza Wrote: Ok, I'm not sure how I move my shoulder forwards, other than to lean forwards

You move it a bit forward after you've pulled the dart back, I'd say.
GAME ON SINCE JAN 2020
[Image: J2cN4ka.png]
Maximums: 5 Highest checkout: 132 [SB-T19-Bull] Best leg: 20 darts
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 
Ok so curve the drawback, it feels more like straight back to straight forwards bit I guess its not. I'll try a bit more over the next day or so as I have work now. Still getting fair results though, just don't want to upset too much.
(05-13-2020, 02:09 PM)Hazza Wrote: Ok so curve the drawback, it feels more like straight back to straight forwards bit I guess its not. I'll try a bit more over the next day or so as I have work now. Still getting fair results though, just don't want to upset too much.

This is exactly what I discovered last night about my throw. I was trying to keep the dart on the sight-line (to target), which was causing my elbow to raise on the drawback as it's inevitable when doing that. I had to consciously make sure the dart dropped below that trajectory line on the drawback - allowing that parabolic arc to naturally take place...then it just became a matter of "feel" and trust that the dart was on that parabolic line...
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
Also I don't think I'm drawing it back parallel to the ground deliberately. I think if the dart is in my eye like and more draw back point is at my right eye it comes back along that sight line.
Ok I think I get it from how Jams is describing it
(05-13-2020, 01:41 PM)Cateye Wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can move your shoulder solitary Smile
Put your left hand on your right breast muscle and then move your elbow forward and back, this will surely move your shoulder too.
You will notice your breast muscle working/tense to move the shoulder forward and relaxing when the shoulder moves back.
Just focus on a moment when your breast muscle is tense and the position of your shoulder.
Try this shoulder position as start for your throw.
After some throws try to get the tension out of your breast muscle but leave the shoulder (and elbow) pointing forward.

Edit:
OK just saw the second vid, it seems to be a little trickier and I have to speculate a bit.
Could it be that you're thinking to much in "throw a straight line" than to throw in a parabolic curved way?
Your pullback is first a straight line parallel to the floor before your the dart follows the parabolic curve.
Since a pullback leads normally a curved movement of the darts that means that you put some effort in it to keep the dart parallel to the floor.

Ok so I put my left hand under my right elbow and drew back as normal, I could feel my elbow push down because of trying to stay on the sight line. 

So if I have the dart a long way forward on the sight line then on the drawback it would basically go above then below the sight line if that makes sense. 

Ive tried therefore to start further back so at the point where I would draw back below the sight line then push through and above it?
Have a look anyway. 

(05-14-2020, 11:36 AM)Hazza Wrote: ...
Have a look anyway. 
It's better, your pullback looks more curved and smoother; overall a more fluid throw, well done Smile
But I see still the elbow up and down kink.
Have you tried to start your throw with your elbow pointing more down, maybe this helps?
(05-14-2020, 12:31 PM)Cateye Wrote:
Have a look anyway. 
It's better, your pullback looks more curved and smoother; overall a more fluid throw, well done Smile
Have you tried to start your throw with your elbow pointing more down, maybe this helps?

Or perhaps higher up since Hazza lifts it in the pullback. Might as well start there then.
GAME ON SINCE JAN 2020
[Image: J2cN4ka.png]
Maximums: 5 Highest checkout: 132 [SB-T19-Bull] Best leg: 20 darts
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 
Have a look anyway. 
It's  better, your pullback looks more curved and smoother; overall a more fluid throw, well done Smile

(05-14-2020, 12:37 PM)southpaw_8585 Wrote:
Have a look anyway. 
It's  better, your pullback looks more curved and smoother; overall a more fluid throw, well done Smile

Or perhaps higher up since Hazza lifts it in the pullback. Might as well start there then.

Ok. Been trying to keep that 90 degree angle between forearm and ground. I'll do a video hight and another lower see how they feel.

The elbow going up is just natural from where my arm is pushing forwards, not really sure how to stop that.

I assume you mean where my elbow comes up a touch at the furthest part of the drawback?