Japan Tridents - are they worth it?
So the other day I was browsing one of the Japanese websites and noticed that Condor made tridents.  I am a big fan of tridents as they really help with the longevity of flights, and since I use Cosmo flights, it's worth getting more life out of them.  I also love high-quality anything, so I was curious if the Japan-made tridents were any better than the standard ones that I have been using.  The Japanese have an attention to detail and process that I truly admire...  Fast forward a few weeks and I am on A-Z site ordering some flights and I notice they are selling them as well...  $6.52 instead of $4.32 (both are for 4 sets) and they are made in Japan.  So why not experiment...

It says the color is Grey, but they are actually clear when I got them.  That in itself adds some aesthetic options for setting up the darts, need to have them on hand for that reason alone!

Next, I noticed that the way they are attached, they release without any little nub remaining on the trident itself.  On the regular tridents, it's hit or miss, and since I rest my finger in this area, it can be a bit annoying.

The other thing I notice is that they are made of a material more like silicone (not an expert here) so they hold on the point real nice and snug.

Here are a few pics that show comparison and on different color darts.

[Image: oUDybZH.jpg][Image: ev7N2f8.jpg]

Conclusion:  I am not sure if I will switch to these entirely since the option for color can be desirable in some situations.  I will definitely be keeping them on hand for a few of my favorite setups.  I think there is an improvement in quality, and I don't mind paying a little extra.
Surprised to hear about these. I’m also a fan of tridents, but not the little nub that’s left behind sometimes when putting them on your points. Might have to get a set to try out. Don’t think I will mind them being clear as well.

Darts: Custom Made Darts 20g
Backup Darts: Unicorn T90 20g from mid 80’S
Shafts: Supergrip Carbon medium
Flights: Harrows Marathon Shape

2019 180’s - 21
2020 180’s - 8
The Highest Checkout: 154
Best 501 Leg: 14 Darts
I use them and they have saved me many flights. on barrel that have a harsh nose I would recommend them as you don't need to adjust your point. Plus you can easily take them off. Worth giving a try, as it will be subjective to whether you will like them or not.
Use the plastic tridents myself, where can these ones be bought?
(05-12-2020, 09:53 AM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Use the plastic tridents myself, where can these ones be bought?

I first saw them on dartsbuddy, https://dartsbuddy.com/products/15617001   But I haven't ever ordered from them before.  I saw them at one of my regular shops when placing an order for flights, so like any good dartsnut, I put them in my basket!  https://www.a-zdarts.com/con-5245-Condor-Guards.hotel 

I am sure many places that carry Condor products will carry these too.  They are officially called "Condor Guards".

Hope that helps
Thanks, i'm not sure if any of european or UK sites do Condor but i'll have a look.
I ordered a set from A-Z to see how they fit the Bolide Swiss Points in route from DC.
(05-12-2020, 04:17 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Thanks, i'm not sure if any of european or UK sites do Condor but i'll have a look.

I noticed the DC has an extensive selection of Condor so it's conceivable that they could be found.

(05-13-2020, 04:58 AM)BDG Wrote: I ordered a set from A-Z to see how they fit the Bolide Swiss Points in route from DC.

Interested to see how that works out.
Is there anyone selling these at a reasonable price?
I often wondered about these...
Do they slide over the points or do you install them during repointing process???
These ones slide over the points. Work great and don’t have that little nib feeling like the ones that come on the ring. Was throwing for a while tonight and noticed I finally caught one enough to take a small piece out of it. They do seem to be comparable to the other plastic ones for how long they last.

Biggest surprise is the flights have been spared a huge beating. They are very impressive in that respect.
(05-13-2020, 06:45 AM)Levonster Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 04:17 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Thanks, i'm not sure if any of european or UK sites do Condor but i'll have a look.

I noticed the DC has an extensive selection of Condor so it's conceivable that they could be found.

(05-13-2020, 04:58 AM)BDG Wrote: I ordered a set from A-Z to see how they fit the Bolide Swiss Points in route from DC.

So, the Condor tridents with the Bolide 05 are ok. I'm sure they will help some with flight protection but the barrel to point transition is not perfect. The taper on the 05 goes down to a diameter smaller than the trident so there is a very small lip. My finger rides on the forward most section of the trident so I do not feel the extending edge of the trident. 
The 05 barrel tappers down to a much smaller diameter than I judged from the images. I could probably go without the tridents and this barrel to point transition would feel fine for my grip
[Image: l5LC0jVl.jpg][Image: ZK0bg3Sl.jpg]
(05-27-2020, 08:43 AM)BDG Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 06:45 AM)Levonster Wrote:

So, the Condor tridents with the Bolide 05 are ok. I'm sure they will help some with flight protection but the barrel to point transition is not perfect. The taper on the 05 goes down to a diameter smaller than the trident so there is a very small lip. My finger rides on the forward most section of the trident so I do not feel the extending edge of the trident. 
The 05 barrel tappers down to a much smaller diameter than I judged from the images. I could probably go without the tridents and this barrel to point transition would feel fine for my grip

Thanks for the update, good info on how they fit.
They look good but with shipping they’re expensive....
In the end they didn’t workout on the Bolide 05. The lip they created on the barrel to point connection was too much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone made their own 'tridents' 5or1 5 194 04-26-2020, 02:58 PM
Last Post: 5or1
  TARGET DAYTONA DF-10/11? Worth $150? JASnKAI_808 15 2,585 05-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Practice Rings - Worth the money? Stevieb91 13 2,521 11-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl