Harrows apex sabre darts points.
Hi all 

Just wondering if anyone has purchased any of the new harrows points range?

I purchased a set of harrows 26mm apex sabre points with a repointing tool, I’ve been wanting to put these on the set of harrows oracle darts I currently use for some time now, and after taking the old points out I’ve noticed these new sabre points literally push in the barrel with no force one of the points even pushes in then falls straight back out the barrel when turned upside down? 

My question to you all does this sound normal? As normally with repointing you need to use the tool and screw it in firmly? I contacted the shop/website I bought the points off and explained what’s happening and they said due to tolerance etc this can happen and that to use a drop of shower glue in the barrel to fix them firm? 

Just wondering what people’s opinions are of this as was worried about using superglue, is this normal for dart players to do this, I’m still a beginner to the sport so was just looking for some advice on these points and if anyone else has experienced this with them? 

Thanks everyone stay safe, cheers.

Danny
Hi and welcome aboard - not used the Harrows Apex points before, but if you do get a loose point when repointing, then use a dab of loctite instead of superglue
Welcome.

Couple of related threads.  Not specific to those points, but you'll get the jist:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36996
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=39068

Taken from the The Quick Reference Guide.

cheers...
That’s fantastic least by looks of things is not just happened to me, in the past looks like this can happen to some points, thanks for the feedback, appreciate it and thanks for the warm welcome to the site.
I had the opposite with the Apex points. Two different sets of darts, the shaft was too long on all the points to go in either set of darts, just wouldn't push up to the collar. Threw them in the bin.
[Image: lMaqREa.png]
(05-06-2020, 02:08 PM)Hazza Wrote: I had the opposite with the Apex points.  Two different sets of darts, the shaft was too long on all the points to go in either set of darts, just wouldn't push up to the collar.  Threw them in the bin.

Why not hit them on a grinder or with a sander and heavy grit paper and shorten the part that goes in the barrel.

Mine fit perfect in my Target GT's and I love the way they grip the board and not tear it up even though they are a bit of an aggressive style point.
gumbo2176
(05-06-2020, 02:58 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 02:08 PM)Hazza Wrote: I had the opposite with the Apex points.  Two different sets of darts, the shaft was too long on all the points to go in either set of darts, just wouldn't push up to the collar.  Threw them in the bin.

Why not hit them on a grinder or with a sander and heavy grit paper and shorten the part that goes in the barrel.

Mine fit perfect in my Target GT's and I love the way they grip the board and not tear it up even though they are a bit of an aggressive style point.

A. Because I don't have either of those.
B. Because I shouldn't have to.
C.Because I've thrown them away Smile
[Image: lMaqREa.png]
(05-06-2020, 02:58 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:

Yeh I have put a drop of superglue in each barrel hole and added the points in now, so far so good havnt come out, agree they are aggressive style don’t half stick in the board haha but I do like them just didn’t want to put superglue in but in the end had no choice as that’s all I had hopefully it works out, thanks for the feedback!