Thor Bjornsson aka "The Mountain" set a new deadlift record
He went after Eddie Hall's record set a few years ago of 500 kilos and earlier today deadlifted 501 kilos as it was shown in the States on ESPN.

He made it look pretty easy to boot as he got it cleanly and quickly off the floor and had just a slight pause as he got the bar past his knees to straighten up and lock out the lift before being given the signal from the official that the lift was a good one.

He's a huge man, as anyone who watched "Game Of Thrones" knows.     Standing at 6 ft. 9 in. tall and weighing in at 450 lbs. for todays lift, he looked extremely fit.    Unlike Hall, who when completed his lift fell out for a little while and suffered a nose bleed, Thor seemed unaffected by his lift and gave an interview not long after completing it.

The way he did this with relative ease suggests he can definitely go higher if needed.
gumbo2176
I just looked it up and watched the clip on YouTube. Holy shamoleee!

VIDEO REMOVED - posted the wrong one!
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
Wow, it looks really very easy for him.
(forward to 28:20)

This video is from today.
No idea why it is celebrated when he lifted 1,041 pounds before in 2018 (JAMSGOLFs post)
and the reason is: imperial vs metric measure system
So I just watched this again and noticed he started the lift after rolling the weights toward him. Interesting technique incorporating momentum. I imagine it's not dissimilar to pushing a car that's out of gas. Once you get it going from a dead standstill, it's easier to push. What an amazing feat of strength. And I agree, it looks like he's got a lot more potential in him than just that weight!!!
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
(05-02-2020, 07:14 PM)Cateye Wrote: Wow, it looks really very easy for him.
video is from today.
No idea why it is celebrated when he lifted 1,041 pounds before in 2018 (JAMSGOLFs post)

LOL - I just saw I posted the wrong video!!!
Favorite Quotes:
(05-02-2020, 07:14 PM)Cateye Wrote: Wow, it looks really very easy for him.

This video is from today.

That was only his first warm-up lift at 420 kilos.   For the record breaking lift, skip to 1:03 where he gets 501 kilos off the floor for a good lift.
gumbo2176
I think Eddie knew deep down Thor would take the record there must be something in the water in Iceland
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
501 kilograms for those who don't wish to indulge in the Metric system is about eight 'Fighting weight' Valentina Shevchenko's or 880 English Imperial Pints of beer and a small glass of wine for the lady.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Is that all 501 ?? i do that with one arm lol
(05-02-2020, 08:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Is that all 501 ?? i do that with one arm lol
Lmao
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

(05-02-2020, 08:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Is that all 501 ?? i do that with one arm lol
Lol
apparently they've both agreed to get in the ring at some point,the coloseum if you ask me
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

(05-03-2020, 10:30 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: apparently they've both agreed to get in the ring at some point,the coloseum if you ask me

To see which one would gas first.     Big guys like that with all that muscle mass have NO cardio to speak of, especially if they try to really box with all that head, foot, body movement, punching, getting hit, etc.
gumbo2176