Little Different Darts Setup
I have 100 acres 60 miles out of the city I am in. I am in the process of building an off grid cabin on the land. Its super close to great fishing and the main thing is its isolated, quiet and away from people. Its where I love to go throw darts, just throw in total peace and quiet in the middle of nowhere, so relaxing and enjoyable. Anyways, heres a youtube video of the progress of the tiny so far

I love it! A hundred acres...sixty miles out...a bed, chair, and dart board. What more do you need than that?!?

Smile
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
absolutely nothing man, absolutely nothing. Im 54 and semi retired so I like being out there. And yes, you should have set your maximums goals higher lol, 3 months to 200 is amazing

(05-01-2020, 08:58 PM)pugtato Wrote: absolutely nothing man, absolutely nothing. Im 54 and semi retired so I like being out there. And yes, you should have set your maximums goals higher lol, 3 months to 200 is amazing

I live on the edge of town...out TOWARDS nowhere...but not in the middle of it! LOL

Thanks on the max comment - I hit a groove and things really clicked with regards to my throw around the first of the year, mostly from really studying Peter Wright's current throwing style. Most were in soft tip. However I just picked up my steel tip board a couple weeks ago and have started in on those too.
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
Got to be the prairies!  Nice setup Pugtato, enjoy. Smile
(05-01-2020, 08:29 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: I love it! A hundred acres...sixty miles out...a bed, chair, and dart board. What more do you need than that?!?

Smile

(05-01-2020, 11:52 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Got to be the prairies!  Nice setup Pugtato, enjoy. Smile
yessir it is Saskatchewan. And thank you

looks great Pugtato enjoy, just don't turn it into a 5 bedroom mansion complete with games room with all that spare landBig Grin
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Ah thats great, peaceful isolation from the world. So is that your land? Thats incredible to have so much space! Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
So jealous.... just amazing.....you must be very content and totally relaxed
(05-02-2020, 03:59 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Ah thats great, peaceful isolation from the world.  So is that your land?  Thats incredible to have so much space! Smile

One thing we have in Canada - land.  Prairies are something to see - a road can disappear over the horizon with nary a turn. Smile
Wink 
If you get a dog, get a female.   If you bring a male out there he's going to be peeing all over the side of your house due to lack of trees. Tongue 

No widow makers, so one less worry, but firewood will be few and far between.
gumbo2176
(05-02-2020, 03:59 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Ah thats great, peaceful isolation from the world.  So is that your land?  Thats incredible to have so much space! Smile
I actually rent the land from a guy I bought a vehicle from. He owns hundreds of thousands of acres of land. This 100 acres is whats called "alkaline" so you cant grow anything on it and cant put cattle on it. He rents it to me for the taxes,..I pay 100 dollars a month for 100 acres of land.

(05-02-2020, 04:05 PM)Papa w Wrote: So jealous.... just amazing.....you must be very content and totally relaxed
Im ok with life regardless. I planned my life since I was 18 to be retired by 45 and being far from anywhere. I have no kids, no debt and no big payments. Its not everyones cup of tea, but it worked for me. Im very very non materialistic too, got an old truck, no fancy things and the tiny. As long as I have a roof and food theres no reason to be unhappy

Photo 
(05-02-2020, 08:12 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: If you get a dog, get a female.   If you bring a male out there he's going to be peeing all over the side of your house due to lack of trees. Tongue 

No widow makers, so one less worry, but firewood will be few and far between.
[Image: DQe1yt3.jpg]

heres the dog. This is Gazoo. He lovessssssssss it out there, hes only a year old and full of piss and vinegar and runs for hours

sorry I dont know how to multiquote

(05-03-2020, 01:46 AM)pugtato Wrote: heres the dog. This is Gazoo. He lovessssssssss it out there, hes only a year old and full of piss and vinegar and runs for hours

sorry I dont know how to multiquote

Gazoo looking good!  Smile

For multi-quotes - just click the little quote button at the bottom right of posts.  Do this for each you want to quote.  Maximum of 5 I think.  Little indicator will turn red.  Then go down to the Quick Reply box and click Quote these posts now.  Posts you selected will be inserted in the box waiting for your reply.  You're in source mode, but don't worry about that.  It's actually a good way to edit stuff.  Very uncluttered except those codes ending with "]".  Steer clear of those until you know what they're about. Wink

Start typing at the bottom after the last "quote]" marker.  When you're ready, hit preview post, or just post the reply.  Preview post takes you to the main editor with a preview - where you can add fancy stuff.  And enables the attachments dropbox for pictures.  But I do most of my work in the Quick Preview, which is the same as the editor in View Source mode.  Tongue

When you're ready to remove quoted pics and other advanced stuff - that mode is the secret.  But let's start with the basics for now. Smile

cheers...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your gold darts setup color scheme asquick 23 1,909 10-25-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  Old darts... new setup BentArrow 3 640 10-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: BentArrow