Best Darts Ever???
As we bide our time in these uncertain days, I thought about new players who always wonder what darts to buy.
We have many, many very experienced players here, so this is aimed more at them.

So, I ask....what were the best darts you ever used, and why? Please tell.
For me... Target Swiss SP01 26G, feel great in the hands, the grip is good without being too sharp, the weighting feels good, Swiss Points are a bonus for me and since going to them properly I'm down from 46 sets to 7 (a few keepers that I'll never let go of!)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Target RVB Gen 1 Japan cut. The trapezoidal grip felt so good on the fingers and the weight was a nice feel in my early days. It was a big and heavy dart for soft tip, but it was the dart that gave me the most success.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
I haven't found them yet.
rvb phase 5,26gm......so easy to throw for me.
(04-30-2020, 12:05 AM)RPoidisb Wrote: For me... Target Swiss SP01 26G, feel great in the hands, the grip is good without being too sharp, the weighting feels good, Swiss Points are a bonus for me and since going to them properly I'm down from 46 sets to 7 (a few keepers that I'll never let go of!)

So how do you find the swiss points? I pulled the trigger on the new bolide darts and don’t know if swiss points i really good. I’ve read a lot not getting good reviews because they break easily? How many points have you broken so far?
So far, the one that worked for me are the Agora A03 23g..
(04-30-2020, 03:02 AM)skyhigh Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 12:05 AM)RPoidisb Wrote: For me... Target Swiss SP01 26G, feel great in the hands, the grip is good without being too sharp, the weighting feels good, Swiss Points are a bonus for me and since going to them properly I'm down from 46 sets to 7 (a few keepers that I'll never let go of!)

So how do you find the swiss points? I pulled the trigger on the new bolide darts and don’t know if swiss points i really good. I’ve read a lot not getting good reviews because they break easily? How many points have you broken so far?
In 7 months using SP01 24G, Taylor Gen 6 26g, 25gbBarney Legacy, 25g SP02, and 5 months using the Sp01 26g as my primary darts...

Not one, lots of bounceouts and fallout into carpet, wood, skirting boards, flying off at random angles (damn you physics) and some games and fallouts on tiled floors and landing point first on the hardered floor with thin carpets at Rileys.

I'm sure they do break, the weak point is in the right place to stop you nullifying the dart and if one did break there, 1 minute later (spare point providing) you're back up and at it!

Just my take, but no, never broken one, used 26mm fire point, 26mm smooth silver, 30mm smooth silver, 30mm silver Diamond but primarily 30mm black smooth.

All of them
(04-30-2020, 03:10 AM)Poidisb Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 03:02 AM)skyhigh Wrote:

In 7 months using SP01 24G, Taylor Gen 6 26g, 25gbBarney Legacy, 25g SP02, and 5 months using the Sp01 26g as my primary darts...

Not one, lots of bounceouts and fallout into carpet, wood, skirting boards, flying off at random angles (damn you physics) and some games and fallouts on tiled floors and landing point first on the hardered floor with thin carpets at Rileys.

I'm sure they do break, the weak point is in the right place to stop you nullifying the dart and if one did break there, 1 minute later (spare point providing) you're back up and at it!

Just my take, but no, never broken one, used 26mm fire point, 26mm smooth silver, 30mm smooth silver, 30mm silver Diamond but primarily 30mm black smooth.

This is good to know.. Smile
I'm going to say Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 2, 24g. Great grip along the full length of the barrel, and no annoying smooth bits. I think they're a set of darts that everyone should own. However... I'm not great with straight barrels... but if I was, I would use these no questions asked Smile
'[Image: uBd7OCT.png]
22g Darts clearance barrels - You know the ones!

They are cheap and high quality. Amazing balance and a great starting point for anyone to progress their grip/setup.
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
For me I always go back to my 23g Winmau Daryl Gurney's
They just fly so smoothly.
For me I think you have to look at the original development of darts and there can only be two contenders in that respect, the bristow and the Lowe. Every dart ever made since then have been variations of the theme. I think Taylors "purist" grip is probably the next best innovation but I wouldn't consider any of the modern darts the best by a long shot. If you look at the pros they are almost all using versions of those darts, very few if any use trapezoidal grips or swiss points or any of that so I don't think you could call them the "best" darts. Maybe best dart for you at the current time but not as revolutionary as those other darts have been.

EDIT: i appreciate that isn't the question but my advise to any new player would be to try a straight barrel ring grip and lowe style dart and take it from there.
Best value - Winmau Navigator 3 (Argos) - case spares dimensions quality.
Best looking - Shot! Ronin Makoto or Monster Leveret 3's or Trinidad K Momo ... kind of subjective really!
Best -Easy to thow - old RD Lorraine Winstanley - Lashings of grip & forward weighted
Best for killing flights - RD Lorraine Winstanley - kills more flights than the ash plume of Eyjafjallajökull did in 2010
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::