Double Top Darts.

Master in and masters out?
On the darts counter app as an option in 501. What does that mean?
Highest checkout: 160. Best leg 12 darts! Darts  too many, and the current darts are broken lol.
Master In Master Out means you Start with a Double, and end with a Double. Could start with Double Top, Bull, D16 etc, and end with a double of your set up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
How does that differ from double in and double out?
Highest checkout: 160. Best leg 12 darts! Darts  too many, and the current darts are broken lol.
Do you pick a specific number you must hit on the in and out?
Master is a soft tip term, so its basically saying double in double out. The program doesn't specify which number you start with.

Some can be sadistic and do Treble Out, but that's really up to them for practice.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Thought there was a treble in there somewhere!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   

Always understood Master In/Master Out as the first and last darts must hit either double, triple or a Bull.
Yes, master means double or treble. The Bull is a double.
In the Double In/Out you can only start or finish with doubles - including the bullseye, which is a double too.

In the Master In/Out you can start or finish with either any double or any treble.

There's also a game called Single Out, which is usually played on electronic machines by people in pubs who are just having fun and who are not much into darts. They usually play this Single Out, which means, they can finish with anything. Doubles, trebles, singles. The game is also set for 15 turns, which means they often can't finish it anyway.
The machines we have here also allow you to set them the way that you can combine any In and any Out. Most games here it's Single In - which is in the UK usually called straight start or something like that. I remember 20 years ago I convinced my mates to play with me games, when they played 301 Single out and I played 501 DI/DO. After one night they quit playing with me anymore because I could beat them anyway, but there is such an option.

I've never seen anyone playing Single Out in steel tips because people who play steel tips here are usually people who are used to playing Double Out nad tournaments etc. BTW, Single Out seems to be very easy game. Don't forget though, it's that easy even for your opponent. There is one tournament in a year where people can play this fun game and one needs to change his mindset for playing the single out! I've seen many advanced players loosing to totally beginners because they felt like they don't want to embarass themselves with not finishing on doubles and before they realised, beginner somehow found the finishing single or accidental treble .-)
Thanks for the clarification

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDU 301 Master out Troll 6 620 06-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Troll
  Darts master elite average probs. Tankie 2 973 09-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Boots
  2017 Shanghai Master Qualification Nationality Quota TheCrane180 2 678 06-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180