DropZone! Drag 'n' Drop Pictures!
No - you don't need Imgur.  That's why I mentioned API - although in hindsight - not the best move. Wink

Just drag your pic onto the dropbox.  OR - click anywhere in the box and browse.  But understand the pic will be automatically inserted wherever you are in the post at the time.  If there's no text - that'll be at the beginning.

I usually start the post, then create a new line or two.  Then do the pic thing.  All basic stuff - if you have kids - ask for help. Tongue
Ok, thanks a lot. Appreciate the help.

When I got my thinking cap on I’ll have a go.

Should of mentioned, I have a photobucket account I used to use on another forum that’s long gone now.
Can I use this method for photos from that too, as I have about 200 odd photos of darts/comparisons etc that may be useful for someone as and when the posts may pop up?
(04-30-2020, 03:08 PM)Spangle Wrote: Ok, thanks a lot. Appreciate the help.

When I got my thinking cap on I’ll have a go.

Should of mentioned, I have a photobucket account I used to use on another forum that’s long gone now.
Can I use this method for photos from that too, as I have about 200 odd photos of darts/comparisons etc that may be useful for someone as and when the posts may pop up?

We have Photobucket tutorials in the guides, but you'll not be able to 'drag 'n drop' those.  Also PB's done some pretty slime-ball things with free accounts in terms of picture usability.  I've fixed a few in the past, but if you're having issues just posting a pic, not sure it's something you want to take on.

cheers...
Thanks. I’ll take your advice and leave pb alone.
(04-30-2020, 03:35 PM)Spangle Wrote: Thanks. I’ll take your advice and leave pb alone.

Nice to see you managed to post a pic.  Wouldn't worry too much about the resizing for now.  Wink

cheers...
I’m not the best at the technical side of uploading pics, this is superb, just put a couple of 180 pics on the show us thread really easily, a very big thank you from me.
[Image: bVqEitS.png]
Noticed a few picture uploads failing, leaving [attachment=undefined] in the post.

Please remember to wait for the green checkbox before posting or doing anything else.  Large images take time to upload, so it's best not to interrupt the process.  When the upload is complete and the share created, a green checkbox will briefly appear in the dropbox zone.  Plus a status message in the top right corner of the screen will flash.  But neither will be there long, so you need to look out for it. Smile

cheers...
(05-19-2020, 11:39 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 11:26 PM)Spangle Wrote: Am I missing something? (Seems I am lol)

Where’s the pictures?

Everyone seems to be able to see them except you it would seem.  Make sure your browser doesn't have Imgur.com blocked.  Also check other threads like 180's - it's the same system.  If still having problems, post in the forum guides area.  This thread would be good:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=39736
Odd?  Just looking in on the forum and the pictures are there now? Lol.  Confused

Nice. Good review too  Smile
(05-20-2020, 09:54 AM)Spangle Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 11:39 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Everyone seems to be able to see them except you it would seem.  Make sure your browser doesn't have Imgur.com blocked.  Also check other threads like 180's - it's the same system.  If still having problems, post in the forum guides area.  This thread would be good:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=39736
Odd?  Just looking in on the forum and the pictures are there now? Lol.  Confused

Nice. Good review too  Smile

Moved this post to the guides thread.  Don't want to hijack the review thread, but wanted to respond nonetheless.

One of the reasons I've been nattering on about image size - is performance.  Large images negatively impact data transmission time - which causes problems.  Either systemically - or folks just being impatient, and interrupting the process.

Most importantly, it affects reading enjoyment.  If your browser has a hard time downloading and rendering a picture, this sort of thing can happen.  My best advice is to refresh your browser and hope for the best.  But I encourage posters - especially authors of image rich posts - to understand the impact of picture size and treat bandwidth as a precious resource.  Not everyone has a blazing fast connection.  And some like wifi - are prone to connection interruption and retries.

OK - rant over. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photobucket pictures nixer55 0 82 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Posting Pictures with an iPad nixer55 0 139 02-24-2020, 02:37 PM
  Large Pictures with Tapatalk BIGGINGE666 12 294 01-17-2020, 04:23 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Posting pictures - iPads nixer55 1 220 10-14-2019, 12:36 AM
  Embedding Pictures in a Post nixer55 20 1,127 10-13-2019, 09:48 PM