Well...
Was having another throw with the Red Dragon Wayne Warrens just now and this happened.

[Image: Jtasnj5.jpg]

The dart was poked into the ring of the bull. Never seen that before. it wasn’t wedged and the dart was rested on the dart below it but It’s definitely made a lasting mark though!!
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
So if it isn’t touching the sisal it scores nothing at all?
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: So if it isn’t touching the sisal it scores nothing at all?

I believe so- a big fat ZERO!
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
(04-01-2020, 07:34 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: So if it isn’t touching the sisal it scores nothing at all?
Hey Chris,

I think you’d better change the name of your lighting surround in your signature Blush I bet the manufacturer is Confused maybe there’s a cigar and soft drinks company thinking about a name change too.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I bet you cannot do that again Jester
Darts:  Datadart Icon 24g Modified to 22g with three extra rings and shortened to 49mm
Shafts: Mission Nylon medium 
Flights: Mission logo 100 No.2 

[Image: op13lZ6.png]
I think it counts for 37.5!   dunno    Big Grin
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
After stabbing myself a few times with the Goldfinger2 factory points I was thinking of blunting the points a little.... then this happened... the wire on the triple 16 had no prior damage. The Cosmo factory points are maybe too sharp. 

[Image: SIR2BKum.jpg]
Ooph. If it happen on stage, whomever the player maybe devastated, unless you're stonefaced Jose De Sousa.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
I dont think I have ever had a dart that has stuck in the actual wire, interesting photos them.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
BDG that might be the most extraordinary thing to ever happen in darts. The probability of a dart splitting less than a millimeter of metal is 1 in a million. Great picture. Hope it didn't ruin the board!
(04-05-2020, 01:20 AM)CantstopDarting Wrote: BDG that might be the most extraordinary thing to ever happen in darts. The probability of a dart splitting less than a millimeter of metal is 1 in a million. Great picture. Hope it didn't ruin the board!

I wouldn’t have believed it was possible before experiencing it.
Thankfully the gap shown in the wire closed when I removed the dart.
(04-05-2020, 10:12 AM)BDG Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:20 AM)CantstopDarting Wrote: BDG that might be the most extraordinary thing to ever happen in darts. The probability of a dart splitting less than a millimeter of metal is 1 in a million. Great picture. Hope it didn't ruin the board!

I wouldn’t have believed it was possible before experiencing it.
Thankfully the gap in wire closed when I removed the dart.

Well, let's not start splitting hairs over this...oh wait...you kinda did!    jawdrop  Big Grin
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 46 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Blush
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
(04-02-2020, 12:34 AM)BDG Wrote: After stabbing myself a few times with the Goldfinger2 factory points I was thinking of blunting the points a little.... then this happened... the wire on the triple 16 had no prior damage. The Cosmo factory points are maybe to sharp. 
Totally agree. They’re like needles. Far too sharp...